Metco Lower install??

snackpack

Established Member
I was going to install my Metco lower 4# this weekend and I was wondering if you guys have a couple poinnters to make the install a little easier.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Once you break the lower pulley loose from the crankshaft (which took a breaker bar and almost 4 feet of extended leverage via HD pipe), make sure you loosen the 3 bolts that hold the pulley mounting bracket on.
Make sure you have your idler in the correct hole with the new idler mounting bracket.

04torchred

Established Member
Mad Max said:
Once you break the lower pulley loose from the crankshaft (which took a breaker bar and almost 4 feet of extended leverage via HD pipe), make sure you loosen the 3 bolts that hold the pulley mounting bracket on.
Make sure you have your idler in the correct hole with the new idler mounting bracket.

+1, break it free from underneath the car so when it lets go you don't smash a fender. Also put the idler in the upper position, I have heard of people tossing belts in the lower position.

danny03cobra

Established Member
if i have a 2.75 upper, how much boost will i get from a 4# lower pulley?
how does this make more boost? thanks

Night Train

Established Member
make sure the car is in 6th gear and the rear brakes are applied and wheels are chalked. 1/2 breaker bar and a jack handle on the end will break it loose, no problems at all. i've done several this way without issue and just the front end off the ground and the handle through the passenger front wheel and bumper.

good luck

BlackSabbath

Established Member
Mad Max said:
I did mine from above to break it lose. Pulled from drivers side fender.

I did mine from the top as well. I used an 18" breaker bar with a 3ft section of pipe over the top of it for leverage.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
boost

Rick James said:
Too much for the Heaton.
+1 This will be waaaayyy to much heat!!

I did my lower pulley swap a few weeks ago. I tried the breaker bar trick and a few other things with no success. Here is what I did. There are three pegs on the crank pulley. Since it turns off clockwise, get one of the prongs, driver's side at the 3 o'clock position. I took a 1" thick bar, put it on the peg that is sitting at 3 o'clock and hit it with a large hammer. Make sure the pulley bracket mounting bolts are off. I hit it three times and the crank pulley broke loose. Good luck! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread