Metco Lower Pulley Sizes

BLWN

Established Member
Does anybody know the diameter of Metco's redesigned lower pullies?

I am trying to figure out which size I have, it measures about 8" where the belt rides.

What size are the 2, 4, and 6?

Thanks,
Brad

KosherCobra

Established Member
I have 2 of the older ones and I can't figure out what they are!!!

One is 8.5 from edge to edge and the other is 9 from edge to edge

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I believe the 8.5 might be the 4#lower and the 9.0 is the 6#lower,every 1/2 inch equates to 2 pounds of boost.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
6lb lower

I have the Metco 4lb lower and am considering the 6lb lower......will the 6lb lower fit without moving the coolant lines.....there can't be more than about 3/4" between my 4lb and the two aluminum tubes on the passenger side.

How much larger is the 6lb and the 4lb Metcos?

Ratt Fink

Established Member
The 6 lb pulleywill fit without moving the intercooler lines. The 8 lb may require slightly bending the bracket that holds them, but it can be done easily. The 6 lb pulley that I had measured barely over 9" where the belt rides and the 8 lb measured about 9.2", FYI.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Friendswood

Thanks for the reply.....I'm from Magnolia!!!

I went to Strickly the other day.....noticed you got your car tuned there.....how was the tune?

finally

Established Member
I have always wondered if you have to buy the whole lower kit to change the lower pulley. Is there no way to just swap the ring without changing the whole cage?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I had a custom setup made out of the stock cage..from JDM....time consuming project..both for JDM in making the stock cage adjustment and me putting it in..and out..and in :D

He used his own Lower Lightning Pulleys that were right on as per size and boost. Nice setup. He has only made a couple of those interchangeable setups like I had on my old Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread