Metco lower rings

venom04svt

Established Member
Question....are you doing this cause of a whipple 3.4 or crusher setup? If so, look at going back to your stock lower with the cage... If i am correct get back to me and i will go into more explanation why..

buster1

Established Member
Question....are you doing this cause of a whipple 3.4 or crusher setup? If so, look at going back to your stock lower with the cage... If i am correct get back to me and i will go into more explanation why..

Yes that is why , whipple 3.4 but not the crusher , why crank snub breaking issues ?

venom04svt

Established Member
Crusher or not the 3.4 creates a lot of force on the snout of the crank. Even with the stock blower ford knew this was an issue and designed the lower crank pulley with the support girdle. You have to remember that its ruffly about 6 to 8 inches of crank after the last bearing cap meaning there's a ton of leverage on the end of the crank, and this is whats causing everyone to snap the ends of the cranks off. The metco lower assemblies just like the one i took off when i replaced my KB 2.2L with my crusher doesn't have any support at all and is extremely unsafe with this large displacement blowers.

Users who are viewing this thread