METCO or RANCHOS 58" Traction bars?

alexr40

Established Member
I am buying traction bars for my Lightning.

I saw metcos and Ranchos (METCO goes to the LEAF and RANCHOS goes to the CHASSIS)

Metco are way shorter than ranchos but seems stronger and easier to install (complete bolt on)

You guys out there... what do you recommend? What would bring more benefits to my truck (which one will plant it harder and will be more effective?

METCO PICTURE

metco.jpg

----------------------

RANCHOS PICTURE

JDM-RANCHOS.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Is there a Rancho Part number for their bars? i tried but Rancho said no. Is the Gen 1 the same bars? Help PLEASE!

:shrug:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Is there a Rancho Part number for their bars? i tried but Rancho said no. Is the Gen 1 the same bars? Help PLEASE!

so? anyone?

FLBigDog

Established Member
What are you trying to do, there is a difference between the Gen1 and Gen2 bars, they are not interchangeable.

02HD#09051

PISSONFORD
Established Member
Originally posted by FLBigDog
Get the 58" rancho, theres nothing out there that is better for our trucks than those.

One of the major tuners actually lowered his 60' times 1 tenth cy switching from rancho's to Metco lowers. I have metco lowers on my HD.

40592939.jpg

FLBigDog

Established Member
Originally posted by 02HD#09051
One of the major tuners actually lowered his 60' times 1 tenth cy switching from rancho's to Metco lowers. I have metco lowers on my HD.

40592939.jpg

Care to name that tuner, from what I have seen the majority use ranchos and can't get enough of them.

Metcos if your serious about the shit, Rancho if your just wanting something basic...

Personally i'm in the air too. Thinking about engineering something way better than anything for sale too.

TXRickC

Established Member
The bar it self is from rancho.

The brackets are modified/made for LFP and other vendors.

You will not be able to buy the setup from Rancho.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING- THANK YOU!! Finally someone with an answer, not just constant babbling! I appreciate it.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by RYAN the GREAT
Metcos if your serious about the shit, Rancho if your just wanting something basic...

Personally i'm in the air too. Thinking about engineering something way better than anything for sale too.
why do you say that???
i thought you would be better going longer to put hte pressure more to the front of hte truck

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Metcos are adjustable so you can set loads, and you can put more pressure on one side to help keep it planted. Plus the Metcos dont hang as low

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by 505BB
Metcos are adjustable so you can set loads, and you can put more pressure on one side to help keep it planted. Plus the Metcos dont hang as low
ok so why are the ranchos (just for show) in short terms by ryan
i can see it being nice to set up preload but are the ranchos junk??? i just thought they would be better

Users who are viewing this thread