Meth kits?

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys! This is my first post! I was just wondering if any of you guys are using any meth kits for our cobras? AEM? Snow performance? Stage 2 or 3? Did you install the jet before or after the s\c? Is it worth it? im getting around the 600$ for a good kit.. is that normal? My tuner says he's had great sucess with them.. say good by to heat soak ect..

Thanks in advanced!

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
The main advantage that I see with meth kit is cooler iat and the fact that you can use it in place of race gas on a tune. 500-600 is about norm for a good kit. I have nothing against AEM but I know for a fact that Snow Performance makes a fantastic kit. You are suppose to install the jet in you intake tube or your throttle body. Is it worth it is a tough question. I do not think it would be worth the money at you power level. What are your mods?

gnxs

Established Member
Hey guys! This is my first post! I was just wondering if any of you guys are using any meth kits for our cobras? AEM? Snow performance? Stage 2 or 3? Did you install the jet before or after the sc? Is it worth it? im getting around the 600$ for a good kit.. is that normal? My tuner says he's had great sucess with them.. say good by to heat soak ect..

Thanks in advanced!
I have a Snow Stage 2 kit installed before the blower (not activated at the moment although still installed on the car).

I think installation in the lower intake manifold might provide some real benefits for hp, but IMO the main benefits for our cars are the added octane introduced by the system and any cooling effects.

The only reason I deactivated it was that I was fouling plugs for some reason with it. I was very consistent at the track with it (even in the Summer) and i was able to run fair amounts of boost on 93 octane when using it, but I don't think there's a direct hp benefit (other than being able to run, in my case, 100 octane boost levels using 93 octane fuel + meth).

I like the setup Lidio from Alternative Auto had on his blown Mach:

Alternative Auto's Kenne Bell Equipped Mach-1: Performance Update - Dec 28, 2005

If I decide to try it again, it will be with a setup like his.

03_SVT_COBRA

Established Member
as for now I only have intake and exhaust.. but i do have a box inthe trunk of the car.. and in that box is a brand new whipple :D so the lower intake will be comming off in the spring.. My tuner said he wont add timming for the meth, but the computer will do that on its own.. just not as much.. Are there any draw backs? side effects? besides the plug fouling?

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I've done quite a bit of research on meth kits and have concluded that the price you pay for the kit isn't exactly the best bang for the buck. I would check out the killer chiller kit they have on modularfords. Good luck, whatever route you pursue.

Users who are viewing this thread