Meth

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
Looking at AEM's #3300 methanol injection kit, has anybody got it?

What's you're experience running meth injection?
How does it differ versus ethanol? An could you use ethanol in methanols place?

Also if you're an AEM dealer could you pm your best price on the kit new
Thanks!

mystickb1996

Established Member
yes i have it.... first off i will say once you run meth you will never go without it on a f/i car....i have had snow kits and aem and i will say there is nothing wrong with the snow kit but i like the aem quality better and the boost controlled progressive setup it nice. with the aem i had it on a vortech cobra and KB cobra with great results.. on the kb my iat temps would be 150-160 and when you started spraying i was seeing 120s consistant throughout the pull, this was with a 50/50 water/meth mix. also on the vortech car with a high CR of 10.5:1 with 93 pump gas and and a dual nozzle aem kit i could run 24* of timing wot with no Knock which simply could not be done on just 93, so the added octane is worth it alone.
hope this helps!

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
Thanks! Ha I guess the meth is addictive huh?
I'm mainly looking to get it because I'm not gonna be able to run e85 for awhile now, and I'm not running race gas cause my car is more of a street/strip car than full on track car.
Im Pretty sure I'll be able to hit the HP numbers I want with methanol injection and do it safely.
I like how it doesn't start spraying until a certain PSI is reached too and the check valve prevents from build up once the throttle blade is closed

What kind of numbers did you get with the kit?
Also was wondering where the best place to put the nozzle because the first piece to come off the throttle body is an elbow just curious if that would affect atomizing of it.
Oh yeah this would be goin on my YSI Vortech hopefully pushing around 17-23 psi

Any information on setups are valuable!

mystickb1996

Established Member
haha addictive yes! and on the vortech setup i only had a v1 s-trim with no intercooler on an aluminator 10.5:cr block making 527whp on 13psi, which was pretty good considering the blower used and no IC. your setup will make WAY more power (hopfully you have a good build block) for nozzle placement look at the picture, i put them in the black tube that connects to the TB opposite sides of each other..also 2nd pic shows where i mounted the box for easy adjustments and arming switch
photo10_zps0bcee492.png

photo39_zpse5edc69f.jpg

Last edited:

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
I like the two nozzle setup, makes better sense in terms of it spraying better versus one big nozzle dumping a lot of meth at once
Yes the car is built to support the blower lol. I'm hoping to break into the 700s

Users who are viewing this thread