methanol Injection

2000 gt

Established Member
Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right spot to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong. Just looking for some advice on what meth kits u guys use. I'm looking for a trunk mounted tank and definitely dual nozziles. Cause I'd like to spray both before and after my vortech blower. Just a little before to help cool it down a bit. I was looking into snow performance and AIS so far

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm not running it myself. But I don't see the point of spraying it before the blower. You might want to check because it might damage the impeller. All the set ups I've seen have it right before the throttle body. Ideally you want it before the IAT sensor. So if something goes wrong the IAT sensor gets the correct reading and pulls timing.

2000 gt

Established Member
Yea I'm looking into it. Trying to figure out what's best for my setup. E85 is looking like the way to go. Just gotta get the right fuel system

mystickb1996

Established Member
Need more info.. Built motor? Which vortech? How much boost?
Iv ran meth on just about every setup Iv had. Eaton's, kenne bells, vortechs. As you can imagine I believe in it and know it works. I'm currently running a AEM dual setup ( have used snow perf in past) on my 96 cobra with an 10:1 aluminator and t-trim vortech @ 15-16lbs. I have both nozzles opposite of each other 8" before the tb. I have ran a nozzle pre and post before but the risk and little results didn't make sense to continue that. If I'm cruising my iat's are always ambient and when the meth comes in it will drop 15-30* depending on outside air temp. You will not get the huge swings in iat's like you do on a twin screw and meth because centri's are already running considerably cooler in normal driving and wot as u know. Also for power I had a race tune that ran 25* of timing on 93 and 13lbs of boost when I had a small v1 s trim with no kr so meth defiantly works for the octane also. On my current setup my street tune in set on 20* timing with meth coming in at 6lbs and full flow by 12lbs on a 10:1 motor and it's a beast, never goes above ambient throughout the pull. Also jetting it correctly is a common mistake, let us know your setup. Also you intercooled? Tune yourself?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Snow makes some great kits. Editor Turner did an article on one of their kits a few months ago, and we'll be testing a couple more kits in the next few weeks.

2000 gt

Established Member
I appreciate ur input. Car has a built 4.6 ported polished stock 99 head. T trim vortech pushing 15psi (I'd like to turn up to 20 if I run e85 this year) and. Non intercooled. Currently has a alky kit. And I'm not sure if I should stick it and upgrade to dual nozzile or ditch it completely and go snow or AIS. Mystickb1996 I'd like to talk to u more about what uve run in the past

MichaelPlummer

Established Member
I think when you're looking for a Water/Methanol Injection system, that it’s crucial to put out things that are important in differentiating systems – injection strategies, pump pressure at common flow rates, nozzle atomization, proven power increases backed up with dynos and magazines articles.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Just my .02 but Snow is a really good company to deal with, I have a Stage 3 Methanol Kit that is going on my S351 with dual nozzles. IMO the tank they provide in the kit doesnt hold too much, nor does the 2.5 gallon tank you can buy. Look on EBAY for methanol trunk tanks, they have them at 9 gallon tanks that you can mount in the trunk. Hope this helps, and good luck!!

MichaelPlummer

Established Member
IMO the tank they provide in the kit doesnt hold too much, nor does the 2.5 gallon tank you can buy. Look on EBAY for methanol trunk tanks, they have them at 9 gallon tanks that you can mount in the trunk
FYI, methanol absorbs moisture and will lose some of it's potency the longer it sits in a reservoir. So if your methanol sits for awhile don't expect the same protection or results when it was new/fresh. Personally, 1-2 gallon reservoir is plenty for a street car.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

Users who are viewing this thread