methanol setup suggestions for high HP procharger setup.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
In the process of a few bigger upgrades on the car, as it sits the cars making 603rwhp 520rwt on 20psi of boost @ 6,000 rpms through a 04 shortblock with stock 97 b heads with a d1sc procharger. Im in the process of changing over to 04 cobra heads along with custom grind blower cams and plan on running meth injection. I'm looking for suggestions from people that have ran some higher boost applications with a centrfiigual setup. I've been looking at the Devil's Own and Snow setups, just not sure what to start with.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Used an AEM kit on my buddy's Viper. When it was supercharged with a Paxton and again with a twin turbo setup. Made 1200 rwhp with pump gas and meth (aprox 14psi).

mystickb1996

Established Member
Iv had meth setups on 3 cobras (twin screw and centri) including snow and now currently running a duel aem setup on aluminator with an intercooled t trim. I have always had better luck putting my nozzles 12-14" before the tb them move the iat sensor before the tb so you pickup the cooled charge and can adjust timing for this.i can post some pics if you would like... My setup is comparable to yours but I'm 10:1 cr and 15lbs.. Iv ran as much as 23-24* of timing on 93 and meth with this cr with no kr. So your setup will really shine and you will be able to add a lot of timing. Any question let me know

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
I have always had better luck putting my nozzles 12-14" before the tb them move the iat sensor before the tb so you pickup the cooled charge and can adjust timing for this.i can post some pics if you would like... My setup is comparable to yours but I'm 10:1 cr and 15lbs.. Iv ran as much as 23-24* of timing on 93 and meth with this cr with no kr. So your setup will really shine and you will be able to add a lot of timing. Any question let me know

Just had my Snow Performance stage 2 kit installed and tuned yesterday and thats exactly how we set it up. The IAT sensor is now accurately picking up air temps and can pull timing if needed(meth kit fails for example). The Snow performance control module is easy to adjust when to start spraying and how much to spray per boost level. With a pulley swap(3.33 from 3.6) and the snow meth stage 2 kit, I put down 500 to the wheels with 12 pounds of boost. My tuner typically only installs/recommends Snow Performance or AIS meth kits and he installs a lot of them. Both are very nice kits.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
I ended up finding a brand new snow stage 2 kit local for $250, gonna pick up the upgraded solenoid from snow and should be good to go, so a single #6 nozzle should suffice?

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
btw u guys have pics of how u have and wher eu have your nozzles installed.

My nozzle/tubing is hidden as I don't like a bunch of wires and clutter. Its installed in the pipe coming right off the Vortech unit. You might not be able to see from this pic but its angled a bit. Regarding which nozzle I would think the largest that comes in the kit with your HP numbers. Look at the manual as it has recommendations for nozzle. Also if you haven't already, move your IAT sensor up and after the nozzle so it can meter the true air temps and pull timing if needed.

nozzle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread