Methanol Substitutes

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
I just installed a coolingmist 250psi pump using the stock wiper fluid reservoir. Anyways, i'm curious as to if there are any other substitutes to using boost juice? The shipping cost is more than what the actually product costs. Where can I pick up some cheap 50/50 water/meth that wont mess up the system/jet?

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
i can't find anything that's a 50/50 mix around here. Does anybody know what brand/temp washer fluids work?

jip

Established Member
i can't find anything that's a 50/50 mix around here. Does anybody know what brand/temp washer fluids work?

whats the mix ratio?the gasline dryer "heat"is meth maybe add bottle?hopefully someone will chime in.

98_snake_bite

Established Member
I get my methanol from a local hobby fuel supply. It's about $3.50/gallon. Mix it 50/50 with distilled water ($.70/gallon) and it costs about $2.10/gallon of mix. Can't get any cheaper than that!

You can use winshield washer fluid (-20*) with 2 bottles of heet to get it pretty close, but it gets expensive for a gallon that way.

Krwy

Established Member
Winter formula windsheild wiper fluid has alcohol.

Go to HomeDepot, or any other place similar, and you can get a gallon of Denatured Alcohol for about $10. Buy a gallon of distilled water and mix 'em.

That or you can use RC car fuel? That should be alcohol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread