Meziere Electric Water Pump

gotmach1224

03RedDevil
Established Member
anyone have a meziere elec water pump? looking to get some pro's & con's on this mod. I heard it can give you 11.5 rwhp so I was just wondering if its worth the money or people have had a lot of problems with these failing. any feedback would be great thanks

Last edited:

2 cam sam

Established Member
Maybe 11.5 rwhp if your turning your motor 9 grand. I think most people buy it to drag race so they can circulate the fluid at the track with the motor turned off.
Most dyno's i've seen like 3 rwhp.

starnsey

Established Member
I've got one but the previous owner installed it. I damn near destroyed my engine when I pulled out some aftermarket gauges and disconnected the "Key On" source and boiled over my radiator when I reinstalled the connector incorrectly...so if you do get one make sure its hooked up properly! I'm getting a water temp gauge from speedhut with a warning light so if it ever goes out on me, I'll know before it wrecks my engine.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Not worth it IMO but I wouldn't say its a bad idea if you do it right.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I've got one but the previous owner installed it. I damn near destroyed my engine when I pulled out some aftermarket gauges and disconnected the "Key On" source and boiled over my radiator when I reinstalled the connector incorrectly...so if you do get one make sure its hooked up properly! I'm getting a water temp gauge from speedhut with a warning light so if it ever goes out on me, I'll know before it wrecks my engine.

Im gonna pic up speedhut gauge too, Im on the fence about running the Meziere waterpump. With no belt on the dyno, i'd surpass my goal of 400

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0611_reduce_parasitic_drag/viewall.html
0611mmfp_03z+increase_horsepower+dyno.jpg

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
Yeah the previous owner showed me his dyno sheet and my car should be at 408 RWHP on race gas. I need to get it re-tuned and find out for myself if it's still holding up to that. I'm assuming the electric water pump must help somewhat since the car is N/A...every little thing is squeezing out as much horsepower as possible.

Machery

Established Member
I have the meziere and a 170 stat on my GT. This pump I had on my mach, and when I sold it, I removed it and put it on my GT. Its now 5 or 6 yrs old and no issues yet. I have a switch on the dash for it and another switch for the fan. At the track, I can turn the key to accesories and turn on the waterpump and fan and cool the engine down fast. When racing, as soon as I cross the finish line, I flip on the fan to start cooling so when I get to the pits, the engine cooling has already begun! I would recommend installing a bright red light wired in at the plug for the paterpump so you know IT IS on or at least you don't have a blown fuse or bad relay. Its kinda an idiot light that goes out if your pump isn't on. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread