MGW & 4” Driveshaft - Question

KRS

Established Member
I’m just starting the install of my MGW and 4” Dana Spicer Driveshaft, does anyone know if there will be any clearance issues with this combination?

barspen

Established Member
I cant speak to the 4" Spicer DS specifically, but I did have to offset my BMR DS loop with some thick washers. It was almost touching the MGW2 rear shifter bracket and would come in contact over bumps, causing a buzzing noise. My 3.5" DSS has about 3/4" room inside the loop itself.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I cant speak to the 4" Spicer DS specifically, but I did have to offset my BMR DS loop with some thick washers. It was almost touching the MGW2 rear shifter bracket and would come in contact over bumps, causing a buzzing noise. My 3.5" DSS has about 3/4" room inside the loop itself.

Are you running the factory H pipe still? I know when I was running the lethal off road H pipe, that BMR trans mount located loop did NOT like the Lethal H Pipe.

barspen

Established Member
I have the an FRPP H-pipe with side pipe outlets. No issue with mounting the safety loop except they had with bore the bolt holes out a bit to get it centered.

Gil M

I installed a 4 inch DS in my 05 GT and had clearance problems, after removing the center bearing mounts had to beat the hell out of the floor to have clearance for the DS. Once that was done no more problems. The car had a Bassani catted X-pipe no clearance problems with the X-pipe or the DS hoop.

JBN

Le Chupacobra
Established Member
Had the 4” and had issues with it tapping the floor on hard bumps. Switched to 3.5” and no more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread