MGW Race Spec Vrs Barton Hybrid

BradleyMac

Established Member
I'm debating between the new Barton Hybrid and the MGW Race Spec for my 2017 Mustang GT. After watching all the spec/install videos, the new Barton looks pretty darn impressive and solid. Sounds like most people are enamored with the MGW shifters, however I'm curious if anyone has any first hand experience with the new Barton Hybrid?

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The INTERNAL tech in the Race Spec is superior and we will be outlining it in an upcoming video,

The competition has been chasing our designs for years and we always stay ahead of the curve.

The internal bushings, NVH and heat dampening and rock solid tripod mount that does NOT interfere with the safety loop mounting location which is a big deal!!

George

Attachments

• MGW S550 MT-82 Shifter a 4web.jpg
    MGW S550 MT-82 Shifter a 4web.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 501

burke985

Established Member
This Is a design Barton showed all the way back In 2012. They displayed a version of this shifter at Mustang Week 2012. It was seen by many many people and UPR Steve even gave it the nick name the m1a1 shifter. Do to some Major family issues they didn't have the time to launch the product, so they shelved it. After that Mustang Week it seemed everyone came out with a Trans mounted shifter.

hand-filer

Established Member
This Is a design Barton showed all the way back In 2012. They displayed a version of this shifter at Mustang Week 2012. It was seen by many many people and UPR Steve even gave it the nick name the m1a1 shifter. Do to some Major family issues they didn't have the time to launch the product, so they shelved it. After that Mustang Week it seemed everyone came out with a Trans mounted shifter.

You'll have to let us know if it's built lake a tank or shifts like one.

hand-filer

Established Member
i sure will do but you sound like a fanboy so even if its wonderful its really not gonna matter to you.

Yes I am a fanboy. I installed a Barton shifter in my car back in '11. I took it out after less than a week because I didn't like the noise, vibration and notchy action. I immediately sold it and bought an MGW shifter which worked a whole lot better.
I replaced it with the MGW Race Spec when they came out and it's even better.

That is why I support the innovator. Nothing against Barton personally, it's just that up until now they were sucking hind wind to MGW on all levels. Glad to hear that they are much improved and I still look forward to your unbiased review of the Barton Abrams version :).

Users who are viewing this thread