MGW shifter and still experiencing occasional grind...

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Im no subject matter expert, but i believe these cars have a remote linkage shift assembly.. With that being said I dont believe there is a way to truly get rid of any grinding, other than purchasing a direct link transmission which is a costly fix. Maybe someone with more knowledge may chime in.

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Im not subject matter expert, but i believe these cars have a remote linkage shift assembly.. With that being said I dont believe there is a way to truly get rid of any grinding, other than purchasing a direct link transmission which is a costly fix. Maybe someone with more knowledge may chime in.

That pretty much sums it up, you just have to shift a little on the 1-2 shift.

sftdyna

Established Member
-- any kind of troubleshooting I can do here to correct the issue?

Did you also change the clutch line and trans fluid? The day i was having my MGW shifter and line installed was the first time i tried shifting at high rpm and experienced the grind several times. After switching the shifter, line, and fluid i then tried shifting at 7000 rpm several times with no issue! i haven't tried anymore high rpm shifts as i usually shift my car at 6300 so i doubt i will ever experience the grind again but im confident the components changed took care of the situation.

Bllit11

Established Member
Mine used to grind, but after the replacement clutch with the stock shifter it hasn't done it once.

Myfast70

Established Member
I'm not sure why some are having issues with grinding. I've been fortunate to never have a grinding issue and I have even been up around the 6900 a few times.

BCPD199

Established Member
Did you also change the clutch line and trans fluid? The day i was having my MGW shifter and line installed was the first time i tried shifting at high rpm and experienced the grind several times. After switching the shifter, line, and fluid i then tried shifting at 7000 rpm several times with no issue! i haven't tried anymore high rpm shifts as i usually shift my car at 6300 so i doubt i will ever experience the grind again but im confident the components changed took care of the situation.

What fluid did you use? Also, did you replace the line with the Ford Racing one, or another brand?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread