MGW Shifter before and after

mustanginky

Established Member
i can tell it's a shorter throw, the 3rd gear throw looks much shorter. i just bought a mgw shifter and am getting rid of the tri-ax i have. if it isn't better i'll switch back but i've driven a mgw car and loved it personally.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i have been running a mgw for a few years on my terminator and i guess i have gotten used to it. i just bought another terminator, and it still has the stock shifter. feels very sloppy and weak! so i ordered another mgw!! they kick ass

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I had a mgw then switch to a upr when I swaped trans I like my upr over the mgw.

Interesting. I heard yesterday from somebody they hated the MGW feel. I haven't heard that from many people, but I guess it is all down to personal preferance.

I have a steeda tri-ax and like it overall, but it seems a bit notchy. I must say that I have never missed a gear though.

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Interesting. I heard yesterday from somebody they hated the MGW feel. I haven't heard that from many people, but I guess it is all down to personal preferance.

I have a steeda tri-ax and like it overall, but it seems a bit notchy. I must say that I have never missed a gear though.

I liked the mgw I would get another one someday. I just like how the upr has a tough feel I like to feel the gears and movement of the trans

9CobraVert8

Established Member
Nice to see you like my old MGW. Glad I could help you out!

Oh forgot to tell you too if you hadn't noticed, I had tapped the threads on the handle all the way thru the handle so you can lower the knob more if you wanted. Makes the distance between each gear just a bit shorter.

Last edited:

bornatiger

Established Member
Nice to see you like my old MGW. Glad I could help you out!

Oh forgot to tell you too if you hadn't noticed, I had tapped the threads on the handle all the way thru the handle so you can lower the knob more if you wanted. Makes the distance between each gear just a bit shorter.
It took me a sec. to get the height right. No big deal

Users who are viewing this thread