MGW Shifter Installation

pcarman

Established Member
I drove to MGW in Augusta, GA last week to have George install my new shifter.
George is a great guy who took time out of his schedule to do the installation for me. He made sure I understood how the new shifter worked compared to the Ford unit. He went on a test drive with me to make sure there were no issues with either the installation or my understanding of how to use the new shifter. Yes I had issues with notchy 1 - 2 shift and had Ford perform the TSB to swap out the fluid. Yes I changed this fliud out for Amsoil which made a big difference. I am happy to say that this manual trans shifter is now a whole different 'animal' and the MGW shifter is great to use. I recommend MGW to anyone looking to improve their shifting. Thanks George.

kingnut

Established Member
He made sure I understood how the new shifter worked compared to the Ford unit.

Internet-wtf.jpg

ForestGreen99

Established Member
I am from Augusta, GA and was lucky enough to have George install my MGW along with the optional sound/heat shield. He did the exact same thing for me as the OP. What a great guy and business, I would highly recommend this shifter to anyone! It makes the car better all around. I enjoy driving it and shifting so much more than stock.

FastRedPonyCar