MGW shifter

SVTCOUPLE

Established Member
Installed mine last night and it's awesome, money well spent and no more reaching for 5th and 6th gears. :thumbsup:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Yes, the MGW is awesome.

I replaced my Tri-Ax with the MGW. It's amazing at how QUIET it is.

While the Tri-Ax felt good, it was just waaaayy too noisy.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
I replaced my 5.0 with the MGW. I love them both but I if I had more time, I would probably switch back to the 5.0. Cobrabob's shifter gaskets + Pro 5.0 = awesome.

Anyway, I have to manhandle my MGW into 6th and reverse requires leg muscles and torso rotation. Anyone know why?? Is there something I need to adjust? Do I need an aftermarket clutch (*ding*)?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
samill2 said:
I replaced my 5.0 with the MGW. I love them both but I if I had more time, I would probably switch back to the 5.0. Cobrabob's shifter gaskets + Pro 5.0 = awesome.

Anyway, I have to manhandle my MGW into 6th and reverse requires leg muscles and torso rotation. Anyone know why?? Is there something I need to adjust? Do I need an aftermarket clutch (*ding*)?

Those springs are that strength on purpose... because those are the last two gears you want to go into by accident "while shifting in anger"...

I love mine!!!
I think the spring tensions are perfect!!!

Coiled03

Established Member
I absolutely love mine. Much better than the Kirban I had in my 5.0.

UCBeau

i replaced my tri-ax with the MGW and love it. probably one of the best purchases i've ever made for my car.

Users who are viewing this thread