MGW shifter

2la8iwon

Established Member
I received my new shifter today. I had installed it which went fairly nice. It only took about an hour. Drove the car around and I like it. I really dont see a difference in noise it is still clumpy when shifting into gears but that doesnt really bother me. I also used Cobrabob's gasket. Overall it is a nice piece.
One thing I had noticed when I took my stock one off was traning fluid in the box where the shifter goes, Is this normal?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
2la8iwon said:
I received my new shifter today. I had installed it which went fairly nice. It only took about an hour. Drove the car around and I like it. I really dont see a difference in noise it is still clumpy when shifting into gears but that doesnt really bother me. I also used Cobrabob's gasket. Overall it is a nice piece.
One thing I had noticed when I took my stock one off was traning fluid in the box where the shifter goes, Is this normal?

Mine felt a little notchy for the forst 500-700 miles...now it's smooth. Thow in some Mobil 1 ATF and you will see a huge improvement.

TRBO VNM

yes, normal for some fluid to be in there. a lot of people actually fill their tranny there if they can't get it on a lift.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
With mine I found Reverse to be a little challenging at first but only took a little time to get used to. It's all good now!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I've had my MWG at the track for over a year, and love it.

I also had some fluid in the box, but didn't know I could fill it there. Can I drain it from there too, and not have to actually get under the car? :D

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
gcassidy said:
I've had my MWG at the track for over a year, and love it.

I also had some fluid in the box, but didn't know I could fill it there. Can I drain it from there too, and not have to actually get under the car? :D
I suppose you could if you can get a couple of your buddies to help you roll the car oover on its roof.

Users who are viewing this thread