MGW T-56 shifters are ready!

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Is this shifter going to be all that much better than the tri-ax's and pro 5.0's? If so, why? Is the geometry better? I know ive read the praises like everyone else here, i just want to know why i should blow more money on yet another new shifter. If this is going to be even twice as good as my tri-ax ill order one tomorrow.

2003 Silver

Banned
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Is this shifter going to be all that much better than the tri-ax's and pro 5.0's? If so, why? Is the geometry better? I know ive read the praises like everyone else here, i just want to know why i should blow more money on yet another new shifter. If this is going to be even twice as good as my tri-ax ill order one tomorrow.

Off topic: How do you like the Magnaflow CB and MRT H-Pipe (is it catted)? How does it sound? I have a Magnaflow CB and just installed their catted X and it sounds a little ricey......

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

i would say if you are happy with your current shifter, then stick with it. our shiftert has many good and better features. i never expected this shifter to repalce every other shifter out there and it never will. i just think ours is a better shifter but then again i designed it so i guess you take that with a pound of salt.

regards
george

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
What is the price on this shifter. It looks pretty good and I will be in the market for one (since I still have the stock one).

FYI .. what protects the shifter from slipping around, the nut on top? Does this nut "lock" into place?

thanks,
Crowley

adam

Established Member
I am in the same situation,

I currently have a Pro 5.0 .. w/ the MGW adj. handle on it currently

What about this new set-up will make it so much better than what I currently have?

I am not worried about the money for the new one if its better I can always sell what I have now, just want to be able to justify the expense..

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003 Silver
Off topic: How do you like the Magnaflow CB and MRT H-Pipe (is it catted)? How does it sound? I have a Magnaflow CB and just installed their catted X and it sounds a little ricey......

Very deep growl, very very loud. All my friends tell me my car is louder than most drag cars they see. In the cabin it doesnt sound much louder than the stock H, and whatever drone there is is very minimal. If youre looking for a deeper sound with just about equal HP #'s i say go for the H-pipe.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by MGW
i would say if you are happy with your current shifter, then stick with it. our shiftert has many good and better features. i never expected this shifter to repalce every other shifter out there and it never will. i just think ours is a better shifter but then again i designed it so i guess you take that with a pound of salt.

regards
george

I am happy to a certain extent with my current shifter. I would like less tranny noise, and a position that doesnt make me stretch for 5th and 6th. After reading your website i hope that your new shifter will do these things, right? I guess ill wait to see what everyone elses impressions are, and if everything seems favorable and looks to be the solution to my only complaints about the tri-ax then i will switch.

2003 Silver

Banned
Very deep growl, very very loud. All my friends tell me my car is louder than most drag cars they see. In the cabin it doesnt sound much louder than the stock H, and whatever drone there is is very minimal. If youre looking for a deeper sound with just about equal HP #'s i say go for the H-pipe.

Thanks....I'm not looking to go louder....is your's catted or off-road??

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by 2003 Silver
Thanks....I'm not looking to go louder....is your's catted or off-road??

Catted. I dont think mine is much louder than the catted x-pipes, but everyone tells me its really frickin loud outside the car under WOT.

2003 Silver

Banned
Catted. I dont think mine is much louder than the catted x-pipes, but everyone tells me its really frickin loud outside the car under WOT.

Thanks....sorry to take you off-topic! I'm not quite sure I like the exotic/ricey sound my x-pipe makes....decisions, decisions.

p.s. My pre-ordered MGW shifter is due to ship end of next week...can't wait!!

Pyro

Established Member
Like others, I have a Pro 5.0 with an MGW adjustable handle(awsome by the way). Will it reduce the throw between gears? I noticed that the Pro 5.0 doesn't reduce throw all that much if at all. If it does reduce the throw significantly, I'll get one ASAP!!

Please advise!!!:shrug:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
"I decided to heat treat the spanner nut on top of the handle so that it will not get worn out if people change theior handles out ALOT. i have done mine about 50 times and it is wearing a little so i figure its best to go ahead and make sure they last a LOOONNNGGG time"

"i would say if you are happy with your current shifter, then stick with it. our shiftert has many good and better features. i never expected this shifter to repalce every other shifter out there and it never will. i just think ours is a better shifter but then again i designed it so i guess you take that with a pound of salt."

HONESTY and INTEGRITY! I just wanted to say THANKS! It is truly refreshing to know that QUALITY is not just with the products from MGW, but with the PEOPLE as well!

I just got my MGW Handle literally two weeks ago and couldn't be happier. And to tell the truth, I have no reservations toward the purchase of the new MGW Shifter - I know it's a quality product but more importantly, it's from a company that puts their customers first. Really puts their customers first!

Just wanted to say thanks!

Christian

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Christian

HONESTY and INTEGRITY! I just wanted to say THANKS! It is truly refreshing to know that QUALITY is not just with the products from MGW, but with the PEOPLE as well!
Ditto.
I ordered the shifter with both handles on Monday and then a couple days later saw they were offering a special. I called to see if I could get that deal and was told they already went back and adjusted the price for those who ordered before the special. :beer:

maliclipse

Enormous Member
Established Member
So what about noise?

I wonder if CobraBobs lower shiftergasket would work just fine. But there would be no shifter gasket above to help i guess unless you fashioned a ring to sandwitch the handle.

Hmmm...

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Originally posted by maliclipse
So what about noise?

I wonder if CobraBobs lower shiftergasket would work just fine. But there would be no shifter gasket above to help i guess unless you fashioned a ring to sandwitch the handle.

Hmmm...

i think you guys may be missing the point here. there is no need for noise suppressing gaskets. the whole basis for this shifter design is the center shaft assmelby that has a built in noise dampening system. it has a utility patent applied for since the design is so effective and unique. you guys are going to pleasantly surprised and i am sure when these start getting installed that all these fears and concerns about slipping handles, breaking, noise etc. are going to just fade away !!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread