Mgw

32VDOHC

Established Member
After many suggestions, I finally placed my order for this a short time ago. Should be here mid to late next week! Can't wait! :beer::rockon:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Your missing the Cobra Bob shifter Gasket.... You use it instead of using silicone.

I love mine

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Excellent mod, I love the positive shift feel. Girls will think it's "hard to shift" but I just laugh and say you don't know how good you have it. I sprung for the gripper knob with brushed cobra emblem as well.

32VDOHC

Established Member
Well, you guys were right. I love it. I love the feel of it, its like a whole new car! SWEET!!

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
This is in the new edge forum, so i can't vouch for the feeling in those cars, but LOVE the MGW in my 03! I have a ported blower, cams, etc, and still say that THIS SHIFTER, is my FAVORITE mod.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Definetly get the shifter gasket!

That damn shifter gasket lol.........I had them on all three of my cars (bought three sets from the guy at the same time because of the reviews) and not only were they a pain in the ass to line up with the bolt holes but they had ridiculous overhang over the edge of the transmission mounting surface. After installing/uninstalling the shifter a couple of times, something happened with the through-holes so that they broke open and then the gasket just fell completely apart in my '95 Cobra. It literally came apart in pieces-----I went back to the RTV gasket stuff.

32VDOHC

Established Member
That damn shifter gasket lol.........I had them on all three of my cars (bought three sets from the guy at the same time because of the reviews) and not only were they a pain in the ass to line up with the bolt holes but they had ridiculous overhang over the edge of the transmission mounting surface. After installing/uninstalling the shifter a couple of times, something happened with the through-holes so that they broke open and then the gasket just fell completely apart in my '95 Cobra. It literally came apart in pieces-----I went back to the RTV gasket stuff.

Yeah I used the RTV stuff. Worked fine for me. I dont see what the big deal is, its not that hard to apply. But it is a PITA if you have to remove it, the old stuff sucked trying to not let it drop in the trans!

Quin

Established Member
Cut a piece of cardboard or something and put it on the inside flush against the side you're scraping on.

32VDOHC

Established Member
I did have one questions though, what are the allen head set screws for? In the instructions they have you tighten it until it hits the shifter when in gear, and then back it off so thats its not touching? What are the point of these if they are not touching the shifter handle to stop it?

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
I don't know. I did that and they were still to close. I couldn't engage second, so I imagine that when the gear is fully engaged the shifter is further then where you see it when installing.

32VDOHC

Established Member
anyone?

does the shifter have that much flex in it, so when you slam gears the screw actually does stop the shifter?

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
It not that the shifter has that much flex. If you really shift HARD it can be forced too far and damage the shift forks. The adjustable stops prevent this from happening. The t-45 does not have internal shift stops. I don't think you would ever notice it going too far under regular/semi spirited driving though. Thats my understanding anyway.

32VDOHC

Established Member
It not that the shifter has that much flex. If you really shift HARD it can be forced too far and damage the shift forks. The adjustable stops prevent this from happening. The t-45 does not have internal shift stops. I don't think you would ever notice it going too far under regular/semi spirited driving though. Thats my understanding anyway.

I see what you mean and that makes sense.

Here are a few befor and after pictures to give you guys an idea of the difference, but anyone who hasn't driven a car with this shifter wont understand the difference until they do. :)

Before
26884_1442078372851_1259844228_1329339_1547719_n.jpg

After
26884_1442078332850_1259844228_1329338_8196118_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread