MGW's New Tunable Street and Track Rear Support Bracket

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Haha I'd be down for it but Sid has a point. They only recently caught up with production last time I had talked to them but we will see what they say, I'm about to call em.

Yep. The thing that people sometimes forget about MGW is that they are factory direct, you don't have to buy them from a distributor or retailer. That gives them the ability to give you more for your money (such as a complete shift box for the MT-82) than other companies while still maintaining a healthy margin (less middle-men needing a cut).

jdcobra

Established Member
Well I just got off the phone with George at MGW and he said that the new bracket is gonna be an extra ten bucks so you'll be paying 400. But, with the svtp 5% discount they give that pretty much pays for the cost of the bracket right there. He also said that the bracket is an option as of now but they may make it standard equipment on the shifter in the future.

Poppacapp

Established Member
So how would this work out with current MGW shifter owners? Can we order a bracket for the additional $10.00 separate?

tasdevl

Established Member
Interesting post, George just sent me one of these as part of a warranty fix on my mgw shifter (torn boot). I noticed a lot more NVH when my shifter was installed previously, so hoping this time around it will be much better. Now I just have to wait for decent weather to install it, damn you winter!

jdcobra

Established Member
Haha, I'm glad I live in Houston because winter lasts maybe a month and then cold weather subsides!! I hate wrenching in the cold

jojobee

Established Member
I think if you're just ordering the bracket by itself it's about $40. You'll have to call MGW to find out for sure though.

I got a reply from Julie at MGW and the bracket is 38$ + shipping.
I dont know if we can apply a forum discount though on the bracket alone.

jdcobra

Established Member

Like Sid had mentioned earlier, call and ask for George and he should get you squared away. Be sure to also mention you saw it on SVTP!!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I talked to George and he said that the SVTP discount can be applied to anything MGW sells, even something as simple as a T-Shirt.

gr850

Established Member
Hmmm, I have the MGW on 2012 500 and it has quite a bit NVH at 2 turns. I put two gun barrel rubber resonators on the shifter arms and it helped a lot.

For comparison what durometer is the stock MGW bracket? I love the shifter but the gear whine is too much. Regardless, I'll probably be getting one in the future. I love close short throws but can do without all the whine. No need to be louder than the damn rear end whine..........

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Hmmm, I have the MGW on 2012 500 and it has quite a bit NVH at 2 turns. I put two gun barrel rubber resonators on the shifter arms and it helped a lot.

For comparison what durometer is the stock MGW bracket? I love the shifter but the gear whine is too much. Regardless, I'll probably be getting one in the future. I love close short throws but can do without all the whine. No need to be louder than the damn rear end whine..........

How is your notchiness at 2 turns? I am at 5 and pretty notchy, and I STILL have 1-2 grind issues at redline shifting. Seemed to shift better when the wheels did not spin, but when they would spin at the track when launching, grind was bad. Maybe all the vibrations etc are getting the shifter gate out of line when shifting.. not sure. But I plan on trying 2 turns out to see if the notchiness goes away.

Another note, When shifting into 2nd gear.. mostly when shifting normal/slow.. its almost as if there is a "double notch" going into 2nd gear. Its not a smooth transition to 2nd from first. Could this be a synchro issue? Or is it normal?

Thanks for any ideas or feedback

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The stock bushings are either 50 or 70 durometer (can't remember which) but they're pretty small. The new bushing block just has much more material to adsorb the NVH.

How is your notchiness at 2 turns? I am at 5 and pretty notchy, and I STILL have 1-2 grind issues at redline shifting. Seemed to shift better when the wheels did not spin, but when they would spin at the track when launching, grind was bad. Maybe all the vibrations etc are getting the shifter gate out of line when shifting.. not sure. But I plan on trying 2 turns out to see if the notchiness goes away.

Another note, When shifting into 2nd gear.. mostly when shifting normal/slow.. its almost as if there is a "double notch" going into 2nd gear. Its not a smooth transition to 2nd from first. Could this be a synchro issue? Or is it normal?

Thanks for any ideas or feedback

Sounds like a syncro issue to me, especially if it feels different when the tranny is at different temps. A fluid change may help.

Poppacapp

Established Member
The stock bushings are either 50 or 70 durometer (can't remember which) but they're pretty small. The new bushing block just has much more material to adsorb the NVH.

Sounds like a syncro issue to me, especially if it feels different when the tranny is at different temps. A fluid change may help.

Just switched to Mobil1 ATF this past weekend, at 19,500 miles. Still feels the same. Maybe I can get the synchro tsb performed to get new ones thrown in under warranty. I wouldn't think they would say my tune/pulley did it considering this is a problem with MANY GT500's.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just switched to Mobil1 ATF this past weekend, at 19,500 miles. Still feels the same. Maybe I can get the synchro tsb performed to get new ones thrown in under warranty. I wouldn't think they would say my tune/pulley did it considering this is a problem with MANY GT500's.

It's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread