Mickey Thompson or M&H?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Looking to get a 28" tall tire for my stock 17x9 Cobra wheels and trying to determine which would be best between the 295/45/17 MT or the 275/50/17 M&H. Both will fit the rim, so let me know if you have experience with both and which you prefer and why. Thanks

SVT_Troy

Established Member
if your talking about for a street tire go with the MT's. they'll last longer and hook great. I ran MH's on my SRT 10 and they were awesome but wore down pretty quick. MT's have better sizes for our cars as well.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Straight up, MT's cant touch M&H drag radials. I've ran both and if you talk to anyone with a high hp car and have ran both they will tell you the M&H hooks up better. However, I would get the 26'' M&H. M&H drag radial tires grows like a slick.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Why would you go with the 26" vs 28" tire? I thought the goal was to have as much sidewall as possible, so it'll help put the power to the ground better than a shorter tire?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Why would you go with the 26" vs 28" tire? I thought the goal was to have as much sidewall as possible, so it'll help put the power to the ground better than a shorter tire?

This. I buddy mine loves his 295's M/T's. If you interested in a set message me.

scott

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
MT vs M&H

Had M&H's and they had a horrible shake. Jacked up the rear and my wheels ran perfectly true. Wheels wobbled like crazy. Sent a video to M&H and they graciously paid to return them for full refund.

At the same time I sourced an 18" replica and widened them to 11". Replaced tires with MT 345/35/18.

Neither hooked as good as the Hoosiers I had, but they were on 17's. Next tire to test will be the 18" Hoosier.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
^^^, that had to be a fluke or a bad set of tires. They wouldn't be able to stay in business if this was normal.

Users who are viewing this thread