Mickey Thompson street radial fitment

icobra99

Established Member
I have a '99 Cobra with the stock rims, and I was wondering if I could fit some Mickey Thompson ET street radial II's on the back in a size 295/45/17? Anyone know if this has been done? I was thinking about lowering the car about 1.5" also. Would this then be out of the question? What all do I need to do to make them fit? Shaved IRS bolts? I'm open to anything but rolling the fenders.
Let me know what ya'll think, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Your thread has absolutely zero relevance to this topic as stock 99 cobra rims are only 8" wide.

Height wise they are just under 27.5"s tall, so that's ok. However putting a 295 on an 8" rim, ecspecially a Mickey Thompson which runs wider isn't going to happen. I've seen 275 street tires bulging over the sides of stock wheels before so you're going to have to have a set of wider wheels first. As far as the IRS, can't help you there. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that though!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
295's certainly aren't going to be a smart move on an 8" wide rim.

275's are the max IMO, and even then they're going to bulge some.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Your thread has absolutely zero relevance to this topic

False. Your just a ignorant know it all, that never drives your car. Get over yourself. My review of the tires has a lot to do with this thread, seeing as its about the same tires. If this guy is looking for traction in a straight line he'll look elsewhere, depending on his power level. I put down 440rw and dont hook for shit with them.

stock 99 cobra rims are only 8" wide.

Thank you captin dip shit :poke: his tire size was not in the post when i commented.

Last edited:

pbeechner

Established Member
I have a '99 Cobra with the stock rims, and I was wondering if I could fit some Mickey Thompson ET street radial II's on the back in a size 295/45/17? Anyone know if this has been done? I was thinking about lowering the car about 1.5" also. Would this then be out of the question? What all do I need to do to make them fit? Shaved IRS bolts? I'm open to anything but rolling the fenders.
Let me know what ya'll think, thanks in advance!

Thank you captin dip shit :poke: his tire size was not in the post when i commented.

:poke:

Being a little bit of a douche outside of SD huh?

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
False. Your just a ignorant know it all, that never drives your car. Get over yourself. My review of the tires has a lot to do with this thread, seeing as its about the same tires. If this guy is looking for traction in a straight line he'll look elsewhere, depending on his power level. I put down 440rw and dont hook for shit with them.

Do you know me? Or how often I drive my car? I didn't think so. He still had previously mentioned a stock cobra wheel, which doesn't relate to your 9" wheel at all. Because you claim his tire size wasn't included, so which was it? Tire size or wheel size, get your story straight. And if you go back and READ the OP's post he no where asks about the performance of the tire, just about fitment.

I just love it when people try to be an Internet hard ass, then make a fool out of themselves :rolling:

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Go back and look at the original post, when it was replied to, and when it was edited.

1. The OP states he has stock rims but doesn't mention the size tire he wants to put on them.
2. walked_u_hard replied four minutes later with a review of the tires.
3. A minute after that, the OP edits his post and adds that he wants to put 295's on there.

It's not that hard people.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
He had stated he had stock wheels, which are not 9" wide. He also didn't ask about the performance of the tire. Only the fitment. So again it wasn't relevant regardless of what the OP then went back and edited.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Talk about counting hairs, jesus christ - so what if he posted a link to a review? :rolleyes:

Maybe the review steers him in a different direction for tire brand, you don't know that.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Talk about counting hairs, jesus christ - so what if he posted a link to a review? :rolleyes:

Maybe the review steers him in a different direction for tire brand, you don't know that.

I know if he wouldn't have reacted like a total dickbag I wouldn't have said anything.

Users who are viewing this thread