mid america ford meet

ram037

Established Member
My dad and I are planning on going down from Kansas City to the mid-america ford meet for the first time this year. We have gone to the world ford challenge, in St. Louis, 2 years in a row now and are very impressed by that. I was wondering if this meet compares to it. We are in the market for a 1993 red cobra (stock), so that is the main reason we would be going to this.

We would be driving down in my dads 03 cobra and are also looking for a blower pulley and idler. So we are hoping to also see some dealers down there too.

So what should we expect when we come go, and when is the best day/night to be there. Any other info would be great too. thx

ram037

Established Member
thx for the link to the website but i have already found that. I was looking for peoples opinions from those that have already been there.

John and Renae

Established Member
I have gone to Mid America twice now...I will unfortunately not be able to go this year. I love the event. Make sure you are there for the thursday evening cruise to Webers and sonic. If you love Ford's and all things Mustang you will love this event. It usually takes me a week to jet down after I get home. I wish I were a little closer to Tulsa sometimes...

It is a blast. Hundreds of incredible cars. Lots of great people. Lots of great racing at Hallett and at Tulsa International...

Plan on staying over sunday night too. You will be too tired if you stay for the car show and awards to drive all the way home. I usually drive into Dallas and spend the night there...that is only a 4 hour run...

wish I could go this year...

ram037

Established Member
sounds awesome, i am really hoping to find a 93 cobra down there for a decent price. That is gonna be me and my dad's project car. Thanks for listing your experiences, and from what it sounds like it is gonna be amazing. Hope I will bring home a new car!

Last edited:

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
I go every year. You don't want to miss the Thursday night cruise to Brookside, the drags, or the Sunday car show. You will see a few cars for sale, but that is NOT what this is about.

ram037

Established Member
well it looks like we are gonna miss out on the thursday night cruise. I have the priority of a baseball tournament that weekend. We are still going to go up saturday night so that we can be there all day sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread