mid-pipe with stock headers?

///m3

Established Member
It sounds like I have a cat with some marbles in it, so I'm thinking a mid-pipe would be the easiest solution. I don't want to spend the extra money or take the time for a header replacement. Are there a set of mid-pipes that will bolt-on to the factory headers and Flowmaster cat-back?

I prefer the sound of the h-pipe, so I'd prefer to keep that but it's not a necessity. Will any of the mid-pipes made for shorty headers bolt-in or will they only bolt to their brand's respective shorties?

cobra1923

Established Member
Any midpipe made for shorties will bolt up, obviously sticking to one manuf. for the entire system makes for an easier, leak free install but you can mix and match without too much issue.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
It sounds like I have a cat with some marbles in it, so I'm thinking a mid-pipe would be the easiest solution. I don't want to spend the extra money or take the time for a header replacement. Are there a set of mid-pipes that will bolt-on to the factory headers and Flowmaster cat-back?

I prefer the sound of the h-pipe, so I'd prefer to keep that but it's not a necessity. Will any of the mid-pipes made for shorty headers bolt-in or will they only bolt to their brand's respective shorties?

Of course. I recommend the MRT catted H. That's what I run with my Flowmaster American Thunder catback and stock exhaust manifolds.

Users who are viewing this thread