Midpipe fitment issues (BBK/Borla Stingers)

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Hey guys I just wanted to get this out there and see if there were any suggestions. I have a BBK o/r X that I attempted to mate to my stingers and while everything seemed to fit okay, there is a bit of an issue where the midpipe mates to the catback. It seems as if the two clamp pieces on either side of the ends are way too close to eachother. I even had to ditch the anchor/bolt/nut setup because I couldn't get the two ends sucked up enough before the bolt was bottoming out on the stud.

I know it might be hard to visualize this so I will try and get some pics tomorrow but just wanted to know if anyone else has had some problems.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I used a couple extra washers to get things tight. It's what I had available in the garage at the time. If the bolts you're using aren't threaded all the way you can get new bolts that are threaded all the way. That should make it so you can tighten everything.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Well that was my solution however both clamps are now practically touching and the ends are not tight at all. It's leak city under my car. I don't see how this is possible given that many people have this combo.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
BBK=Problems. Switch it out and everything will be great. I have Magnaflow with my stingers and I have no fitment problems what so ever.

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Hey you know I have the bbk and kinda had the same problem. The only way I could get the pipe to move forward was to put a jack stand under the exhaust pipe and slowly let the car down until the two surfaces were close. Use bolts that are threaded all the way to the head....tighten each side up evenly. Even after all of this, my tailpipes are a little crooked.... Evenually I am going to get an h pipe and kooks header to go with my borlas. Thread is old but hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread