Might be moving to S.D, Registering car question

66Mustang

It's possible that I may be moving to S.D in a few months and wanted to know if I'll have problems registering/inspection/emmisions with my 03 cobra. Its lowered, has tinted windows and a 2.76 pulley/tune.

I live in Maryland and I've never had a problem with emissions. Since I'm not an expert on CA emissions testing (I just have heard that the emissions are stricter in CA). Anyways, I think you get the point of my questions and any help will be appreciated. Thanks

-Chris

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
If they do a vehicle verification (walk around) then the tint will have to be removed. I don't think they do this on a transfer vehicle though. You will also certainly have to have it smogged. It's likely that a smog tech won't notice the pulley and as long as you have the stock H-pipe it will probably pass. If they flag you on the pulley you will have to put the stocker back on and get it retested. They won't know about the tune as the equipment doesn't check for that.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Tint is illegal in California on your side windows. It would like be a fix it ticket. Also, there are strict emissions in California so good luck with that but closer you are to stock with a stockish tune the better.

I would try and keep Md registration as long as possible if I was you.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
As long as it passes federal emissions testing you will be good. Don't worry about the tint. I have shipped in and registered a few different Lightnings and Cobras and have never had any problems. They were both modded.

Users who are viewing this thread