might have a bigger problem than i thought

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Well after spending all day working on my truck to figure out whats wrong with it since ford cant seem to figure it out, i think i might need new rings... I dont know for sure yet, but tomorrow morning we are going to run a compression test and see if its losing compression. Does anyone know if rings are covered under extended warranty?? if not i might order the short block rebuild kit from JDM and go that route.

background info: some of you know an some of you dont know the problems i have been having, but for those who dont know.....The truck "spudders" mostly when driving, getting into boost, will do it sometimes at idle. I thought it might be from the leaking intercooler but i dont think it is...Today we were driving it around with the scanner hooked up trying to datalog and see if anything shows up...well nothing came up. BUt i did notice i was getting boost, but it was also dropping without letting out of the gas... The truck was at ford, bc of the leaking intercooler(thought that was the problem), they gave me bs about everything...an i popped the hood, and it looks like nothing was touched, plenum is dirty an not one finger print...nothing....They tried to run the scanner but nothing came up, they tried a couple scanners...still nothing.. they did come up with a PCM failure code though, so they ordered a new PCM that wont be here till this coming week.....well the reason they came up with that code was bc of the tune..

Before we finished up checking shit i checked the oil..an it smelt like gas...

ok im done for now just wanted to get that out before i go to bed....
oh an what tops it off is im leaving for Ocean City tomorrow for Crusin Week...an no lightning...

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
there is a thread right now by RTSTABLER
it gives you a web site to order a oil anylasis kit
GET IT!!!! it will tell you alot of what is going on in your motor
and yeah stumbling could be the water from the intercooler but gas in the oil isnt caused by that
take off all your mods and pull that tune out!!! ASAP!! if your motor is sucking in gas ford should cover that cause none of that could have been caused by you

Users who are viewing this thread