Might want to sell: 1993 LX Coupe

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Hey All,

Like most everyone here, I would love to own an 03-04 Cobra. Needless to say, I would have to offload my current toy before I could buy one. I'm creating this post to get some opinions and feedback and see how the market might respond if I did decide to sell my current car. I don't need or want to sell it, but I know somone with a Beautiful KB Cobra and a few too many points on his license.

1993 Mustang LX Coupe (real 5.0 notchback, not a converted 4cyl)
5.0 - 5spd Black Exterior & Black Interior

Stock 5.0 Shortblock
Powerheads ported E7TE (stock heads)
Jesel Shaftmount Rockers (expensive!!!)
GT40 intake
Pro-M 80mm mass air
BBK 65mm Throttle body
C&L CAI
FMS E-303 Cam
BBK Longtube headers
BBK Offroad H pipe
Flowmaster 2.5in Catback w/Chrome tailpipes
Screamin Demon Coil & FMS 9mm wires
255 lph fuel pump

World Class T-5 Trans
Pro 5.0 shifter
FMS King Cobra Clutch

4.10 gears
Lowering Springs
Lakewood 70-30s in front
Lakewood 50-50s in back

External:

4in Fiberglass cowl hood
Weld Draglite wheels (15x3.5s in front, 15x8s in back)
Also have the stock pony wheels with new goodyear rubber on em.
Tinted rear/door windows (looks cool, but is getting ripped off if I get pulled over)

Stock steering wheel w/airbag remains
Kenwood CD stereo
Autometer monster tach w/shift light
Autometer Oil, water, and volt gauges in vent pod.

Its been a while since any of the mods were done. The car is already scheduled to go to Outrageous Mustang for what I call "Performance maintenance". The whole top of the motor is being rebuilt. Heads have some leaky valve guide seals. I am either replacing the heads with World Products Windsor Sr iron heads or having the stock heads rebuilt/reported. The GT40 intake is getting port-matched to the heads. I'll upgrade injectors/rails if needed.
There might be some other work that gets done as well, haven't decided yet. Subframe connectors or being installed and I am thinking about putting a catalytic X or H pipe on the car for emissions.

The car wouldn't go on the market until the afformentioned work is done.

The car is a blast to drive. I havent raced or dyno'd the car, but it has won its share of stop-light contests. Most won't even try to race just because of the way it looks and sounds. Those that have tried usually fail. In fact, only a certain KB Cobra and WS6 w/nitrous have beaten it. Its never been in an accident to my knowledge, but has a re-issued VIN (car was stolen from the first owner)

93CoupeRT2.jpg

With the work done and considering the NJ inspection is good through 2007, what do you think would be a reasonable sell price? Also consider the car comes with a new battery, Cobra intake, the pony wheels, and any other spare parts that might come off as work is done.

If anyone has a terminator F/S and might be willing to trade, talk to me.

thanks!

Last edited:

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Hey guys,

I do have more pics of the car incuding interior shots. I'll post those up tonight. I'm located in central New Jersey.

I had the car out last night for a couple minutes. The engine loves the dense december air. I still love the car.. If I were to sell it, $7500 would be my asking price. It would be negotiable, but might change depending on if the World Product heads get put on.

svt1.8t: I hear you about the maintenance not doing much for the resale value. Car needs it anyway, and I'm sure the added power will make for a more compelling test drive.

Again, there is no for sale sign in the window, but if this is someones ideal mustang I'll be happy to talk about it.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Hey All,

Some more Pics and info for ya:

With the Pony Wheels:
93Coupe-copy.jpg

93Coupe2-copy.jpg

This is the similar to the first pic I posted, but I like this one a little better:

93CoupeRT.jpg

I have pics coming of the interior and engine compartment. They are at home, don't have them in imagecave just yet.

I few things I left out earlier:

Milage is 85,XXX. Its had 4:10 gears for a long time. The trans has a speedo correction gear in it, but it still reads faster than you are going. long story short, its probably less than 85k miles.

The car has an aluminum radiator with an electric fan.

Battery has been relocated to the trunk.

In other news, I put the Cobra intake back on the car. The GT-40 intake will be sent for porting soon. I also confirmed recently that the Jesel Rockers I have will work for either Head (E7TE or World Products) i go with. I've been asked why I would put on a set of Rockers that are worth more than the heads. Answer: I bought the car from somone that works at Jesel.

Thanks everyone for you input & interest. If you sent me a PM and I haven't responded, I promise to do so shortly..

Users who are viewing this thread