Miles on your car

850SNCobra

Established Member
96'
Bought it with 147,XXX miles, previous owner had just replaced clutch. Original motor and transmission.
IMRC's were stuck open/closed when I first got it, previous owner rarely drove it.
After a few tanks of fresh gas and driving it more, they're working like a champ.
Currently has 150,854 miles, just did an oil change yesterday. I will be trying to change the oil every 3-5,000 miles.

Last edited:

Race Red Boss

Established Member
70K on my 98. Had it for 2.5 seasons, putting 4200 miles on it. Stored winters with fresh oil installed each spring. Oil analysis by blackstone labs shows metal wear is all within normal range for the 4.6L DOHC and oil viscosity good. I'm the 6th owner. Original owner put the most mileage on it in the first 2 years of owning it (52K).....must have been using it as a DD with some seriously long commutes. From there, the rest of the owners have driven it pretty lightly.

Best I can tell, engine, trans and clutch are original. Car was stock except 3.73 gears, eibach springs and K&N filter when I got it. I've since added BBK catted X-pipe and Magnaflow competition cat back and Bilstein struts and shocks.

Fun car to drive, but will be even more fun after I install the Kenne Bell 2.1L :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread