Misbuilt GT350?

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'm Though my interest on acquiring this car has pretty much been driven to zero by adm and salesman incompetence, I may have found something interesting today. I found a GT350 that I'm pretty sure had a problem, other than its $97,000 asking price. Correct me if I'm wrong but look at these rear seats. This is a tech pack car, but the rear seats are mismatched. It has what looks like track or base seat bottoms with tech seat backs. Notice the leather uppers and cloth bottom?
Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-24-19_zps1uvcthoi_edit_1449208104402.png_zpsq0ubfuwi.jpg

Proper seats for reference......

image_zpsubbshcja.jpg

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Though my interest on acquiring this car has pretty much been driven to zero by adm and salesman incompetence, I may have found something interesting today. I found a GT350 that I'm pretty sure had a problem, other than its $97,000 asking price. Correct me if I'm wrong but look at these rear seats. This is a tech pack car, but the rear seats are mismatched. It has what looks like track or base seat bottoms with tech seat backs. Notice the leather uppers and cloth bottom?
Screenshot_2015-12-03-22-24-19_zps1uvcthoi_edit_1449208104402.png_zpsq0ubfuwi.jpg
It's a one-off probably worth milliiioooooons!!!

BlownAway03

Established Member
Someone must really be slipping in the quality control department. I've checked several others and the rear seats definitely aren't supposed to be that way. But yeah, the $97k price is probably because it's a 1 of 1.

KBBoss302

Established Member
A dealership in San Antonio got a Magnetic w/black stripes Track Pack car in on Monday and the guy who ordered it turned it down because of poor panel fitment. The fenders and hood aren't lined up right and the plastic lower valances behind the front wheels don't align the same. I've seen the car and yeah, something isn't right with Ford QC right now.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I had a discussion a couple of days ago with a Ford Racing WD about some product offerings I'd like to see, including a GT350 front clip retrofit kit, if possible. He told me about someone he knew that was looking into just that and had just received some GT350 fenders, etc. He said the fender quality was horrible. Doesn't make sense to me as I'd think a stamping is a stamping and even Ford Service parts go through some fairly rigorous QC.

:shrug:

KBBoss302

Established Member
That is very interesting, Tob - so maybe that is why they were delayed so long??

For the record, my 2013 Boss LS has from day 1 paint imperfections (what appears to be dirt under the paint in a few areas), the stripes have a few small bubbles, and the master cylinder leaked fluid onto the inner fender below it (apparently a common issue on modern Mustangs). No one but an OCD owner like myself would care and I never even bothered to have the dealership fix them.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Taking a car back to the dealer is sometimes asking to have it returned with more issues than it had before you took it there. Aside from recall work, none of my vehicles ever go back to the dealer.

I removed the stripes from my car with only a few miles on it. When peeling off one of the stripes on the hood, near the vents on an '07-'09 GT500, I found a series of orbital scratches (the size of a clenched fist) that looked like somebody tried rubbing out with compound and a rock laden buffing wheel. In essence, Ford chose to hide it under the stripes as opposed to fixing it. Disappointing but it motivated me to pick up a take-off hood in the same color from the KR program at Shelby in Vegas.

As to the delay, I'm sure we'll find out more as time passes. You can only keep the genie in the bottle for so long. I was informed a few weeks ago about an oiling problem that led to a parts retrofit to already completed cars. There may have been other issues but I haven't seen anything.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
As long as it doesn't happen again, that car will be worth big bucks in another 40 years.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I owned a first run 03 Cobra Convertible in Mineral Gray - It had a myriad of issues including driveline vibration and a weird engine sound at certain rpm. Ford tried to fix it but I eventually exercised the lemon law and exchanged it for a second run Redfire Metallic which I still own. The build quality is just one reason I'll wait for a 17 or 18. Reasons, Want a Redfire like color, want both track and Luxury group, and NO ADM. JP

blk02edge

Established Member
I kid you not, back in 2009 I saw a brand new ranger on the lot that was an Fx4 on one side and sport 4x4 on the other lol. Left had the plastic flares, Fx4 decal and 2 tone, the right side was all one color with painted flares and a sport 4x4 decal...

How that happens is beyond my understanding

KBBoss302

Established Member
That's hilarious, Tob! I mean it stinks for you but what a funny story about Ford QC. I have owned a lot of new cars over the years and I guess no car is perfect.

I'll try to figure out what is going on with the screwed up GT350 I mentioned earlier. I wonder if the dealership is calling Ford asking "WTF are we supposed to do with this???"

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I kid you not, back in 2009 I saw a brand new ranger on the lot that was an Fx4 on one side and sport 4x4 on the other lol. Left had the plastic flares, Fx4 decal and 2 tone, the right side was all one color with painted flares and a sport 4x4 decal...

How that happens is beyond my understanding

I've heard of the same thing happening with Jeeps. Something got screwed up in the parts sequencing and no one ever look at the truck straight on.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Taking a car back to the dealer is sometimes asking to have it returned with more issues than it had before you took it there. Aside from recall work, none of my vehicles ever go back to the dealer...
Boy, ain't that the truth. And the reason why I never took my 03 Mach1 back to fix the paint pimple on the hood.
My 08 GT500 has never been to the dealer since purchase. And despite all the know-it-alls who proclaimed I (we all) needed the clutch TSB, I'm still running the OEM cera-metallic at 32K miles with no issues.

Used to be that if you took a so-called flagship vehicle in for service it got the white glove treatment. Now it seems you get the Ferris Bueller treatment.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Boy, ain't that the truth. And the reason why I never took my 03 Mach1 back to fix the paint pimple on the hood.
My 08 GT500 has never been to the dealer since purchase. And despite all the know-it-alls who proclaimed I (we all) needed the clutch TSB, I'm still running the OEM cera-metallic at 32K miles with no issues.

Used to be that if you took a so-called flagship vehicle in for service it got the white glove treatment. Now it seems you get the Ferris Bueller treatment.

That was the good old SVT days.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had gas Super Duties show up with diesel emblems on the side.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have a friend that went out on a date with a lady, only to find out he wasn't a lady. Talk about a failure in quality control.:eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread