Miscellaneous Cobra trivia...

Cobra'03

Established Member
1) The exhaust on the 2003 Cobra is corked because of the noise of the supercharger. It's whine plus the original 2001 exhaust put it over the limits for stricter new drive-by noise limits. Hence, the corked exhaust, hence the benefits of the low restriction CB's and X-pipes. (Per John Coletti, found in 5.0)

2) The FR500's catback "X" is there for noise, not power - they found that an X at that position significantly lowered boom and other noises.

3) "This thing is breathing through a straw", also a Colletti quote from 5.0 early this summer. Hence the perks from free breating intakes and exhausts.

Blades

Established Member
yep.. i remember those facts when all i could do is read magazines and quotes on the thing! and all i had were pictures from car shows and magazines. :D You wouldn't even believe how many high res pictures i snapped of the red 03 vert at the new york show!! more than half my pictures were of the cobra.. and i took at least 150 pictures

you're forgetting that they originally used 18 inch rims and it affected the handling in a negative way..

they originally had the cobra terminator for production with the red eyes and all (for all you newbs).. It was going to be rated at 460hp with a naturally aspirated 320hp cobra available.. Ford reps didnt want to create another special edition mustang other than the R. So they 'detuned' it by alledgely tweaking the computer (notice how we are so rich) and creating the restrictive exhaust, but what much can that do.. so they just underrated it!! :D I love this car

Users who are viewing this thread