MISFIRE CODE but it's not misfiring?

Cozzy17

So my 01 Cobra check engine light came on. Plugged it in and it said it was misfiring..BUT, the thing drives perfectly. No signs of misfiring whatsoever. Anyone know what it could be?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It could be a slight miss. Our 06 had a miss that would pop a code once in a while. It ended up being a bad plug. Was it a random misfire or was it a specific cylinder? If it's a specific cylinder I'd try moving the COP somewhere else and see if the code follows. If it's a random code then new plugs and COPs might be in order.

Cozzy17

It said misfiring on multiple, Plugs would make sense I suppose because it's approaching 38,000 miles and has the original plugs and coil pack, I bought it a little over a month ago so I'm prob just gonna bring it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

Cozzy17

It could be a slight miss. Our 06 had a miss that would pop a code once in a while. It ended up being a bad plug. Was it a random misfire or was it a specific cylinder? If it's a specific cylinder I'd try moving the COP somewhere else and see if the code follows. If it's a random code then new plugs and COPs might be in order.
It said misfiring on multiple, Plugs would make sense I suppose because it's approaching 38,000 miles and has the original plugs and coil pack, I bought it a little over a month ago so I'm prob just gonna bring it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Generally when it comes to a vehicle I just purchased I do a full tune up on it. Change the filters and oil, etc. That way I know where it's starting from.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Generally when it comes to a vehicle I just purchased I do a full tune up on it. Change the filters and oil, etc. That way I know where it's starting from.
I do the same thing. I also give the vehicle a once over just to make sure it's in good condition. Always a good rule of thumb when buying a used vehicle.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Cozzy17

I do the same thing. I also give the vehicle a once over just to make sure it's in good condition. Always a good rule of thumb when buying a used vehicle.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I had a mechanic look over the vehicle before I bought and everything was in great shape. I'm replacing the plugs and wires this weekend, gonna see if that does the trick

Users who are viewing this thread