Mismatched interior pieces?

Systemax302

Established Member
So I'm looking at an 04 for sale way out of state and it looks like the center console and glove box door are darker than the actual dash itself.
Is this at all normal or an indication that they've been changed out? I was told that it's not uncommon on some of the New Edge cars. I've never owned one myself so I really can't say.

HPLouis

Established Member
I’ve never noticed this on either Mystichromes but I’m not that observant. Is it something very noticeable or only under lighting, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Systemax302

Established Member
I have the same thing. It's been that way since the day I bought the car off the showroom floor. I lost points at a car show, because of it. lol
Good to know... Yeah this car has under 25,000 miles on it. I just noticed it in a picture and was wondering. Seller claimed he's seen it before on other new edge cars.

Systemax302

Established Member
I’ve never noticed this on either Mystichromes but I’m not that observant. Is it something very noticeable or only under lighting, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Seemed pretty noticeable in one of the pictures he sent me of the interior. I just thought it was odd and I'd never seen it before.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
In certain light, it is very noticeable.

Interior Color Difference 002.JPG

Systemax302

Established Member
Whoops... Website kept giving me errors and I guess those posts actually went through ahead of the pictures. Not sure what's wrong, but I've been having issues with this site today.

Systemax302

Established Member
OP, almost looks like that vehicle has some black trim pieces mixed in with the dark charcoal pieces.
Yeah man I thought it was really odd looking... Figured I'd see if anyone else had come across it before. Looks pretty goofy to me. I really like the car aside from that.

Users who are viewing this thread