Miss around 1800-2k RPM

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Just another update if anyone is interested.

I think I got it fixed. I have yet to change the fuel filter, that will be done Wednesday.

I believe my problem was the EGR valve. Yesterday I took the vac line off the top of the valve and plugged it. Car seemed to be driving fine after that. So I made a copper plate that I replaced the gasket with to block off the EGR valve, plugged the vacuum line and turned the EGR system off with my handheld. I ahve drove the car approx 30 miles since then. Everything seems to be driving normal now. I am not a huge proponent of deleting the EGR, so I plan on replacing it soon.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
hmmm interesting..

The EGR seems to be a source of a lot of different problems across the board. I wonder why it would be causing "the 1800RPM miss"? Too much EGR? Stuck open? I'll go ahead and replace mine, it's good preventative maintenance regardless.

Homer

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
From what I was told, now don't quote me on this, the EGR valve opens around those RPM's at cruising speeds/throttle position. Carbon build up in the valve, along with the factory tune can cause a lean condition that in turn causes the stutter.

Like I said, that is what I was told. Don't know how correct that is, but it sounds plausible.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
From what I was told, now don't quote me on this, the EGR valve opens around those RPM's at cruising speeds/throttle position. Carbon build up in the valve, along with the factory tune can cause a lean condition that in turn causes the stutter.

Like I said, that is what I was told. Don't know how correct that is, but it sounds plausible.

That makes sense... I'm gonna try cleaning mine and testing it before and after with a vacuum pump.

Interesting.

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread