miss my grand prix GTP's HUD

Blades

Established Member
I miss that on my bonneville ssei.. But i'd rather have my cobra speedo because whenver i step on the gas the needle just seems to climb a little bit faster than the bonny.. :burnout:

we dont need no stinkin HUD

f4sfed

Established Member
THAT'S cool! It's either this, or a shift light. Have you contacted them? ...'cuz I'm about to. I'll let you know what their response is. Their info page doesn't state 8 cyl engines. :(

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
THAT'S cool! It's either this, or a shift light. Have you contacted them? ...'cuz I'm about to. I'll let you know what their response is. Their info page doesn't state 8 cyl engines. :(
The Main Products page states:

"Can be installed on 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles with 4 cycle engines. "

Brian

ZXnVS

Established Member
Interesting. Being a pilot, I've always wanted a HUD in my car. I considered a Z06 for that reason (along with the much lower weight).

I'm not sure I like the idea of having to stick a patch of plastic film on my windshield. From the picture it looks pretty obtrusive. I'm also a bit skeptical about how visible the display would be in daylight.

It's a cool idea, but there's really not much way to tell how well it was implemented until someone bites the bullet and tries one out.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Like I said, I had it in my Grand Prix and loved it.

The trouble with this system is the mph/rpm version doesnt seem to be listed for 8 cyl cars... and the sport version doesn't give mph only kph....

strange.

As for the reflective sticker, The GTP had to have a special windshield (with this sticker inside the safety glass) if you had hud...

I am not sure why if the box is only picking up the signal from the speedo and tack wires why wouldn't this work (or be made to work) on our cars...

Hmmm....

f4sfed

Established Member
Well, here's the reply. Does anyone know what our "speed pulse" is? ...I'm assuming this isn't referring to the adrenaline rush from that funny little pedal on the right. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you for your interest in our products.

In reply to your inquiry, we're sorry, but we can't get the full information if our V.S.D. will work on your car or not. To install it, the speed pulse needs to be any of 2, 4, 8, or 16 and the number of cylinders needs to be any of 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8(4cycles). So according to your e-mail, according to the number of cylinders is available for you, would you please ask your dealer about the speed pulse?

Just in case, please refer to this:
For your reference, in case that a car has a speed signal of 4000
pulses/mile, and set the speed pulse of the V.S.D.II 4-pulse, please note that errors in the range of a few miles are unavoidable. When the original speedometer reads 60km/h(37.5mph), the V.S.D.II reads from 58 km/h to 59km/h (from 36.3mph to 36.9mph).

Sorry for any inconvenience.
However, we are looking for your further interest in our products.

Thank you,
Defi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

f4sfed

Established Member
The only other concern I have is its response time.

The sample video doesn't seem to indicate that it responds quick enough. I've seen the pontiac HUD, and the response time on that seems like you're lookin' right at the normal guages. So if this doesn't update the display but every one or two seconds, THAT would stop me from buyin' it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread