Missing gears... badly

Jmurrz

Established Member
Hi guys, I wanted to get some opinions on what could be wrong with my trans.

I noticed when I first got the car, that when I wanted to shift from 3-4 it would sometimes be sloppy, notchy, and not like my last cobra felt. The car came with a Steeda Tri-ax that I thought was the route of the problem.

I have learned to expect notchiness from the T-56, but my tuner also noticed that the 3-4 shift would lead to a 3-2 shift. No grinding or warning, just an abrupt downshift. Kevin has driven plenty of cobra's and he said there was definitely and issue with the car going from 3-2. I had not driven it hard so I had not experienced that problem for myself... yet. But I took his word for it and was cautious.

Turns out that this had become an even more common occurrence once I got the car back, even during normal driving, the car would go from 3-2 instead of the 3-4 as I had hoped for.

I changed out the Tri-ax thinking that was the source of the problem, but now it seems that I am having the same issue as before with my MGW.

I am very nervous to drive spiritedly and deathly afraid of missing a gear when WOT. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread