missing the drivers side idler and more idler issues. motoblue :(

SatisTraction

Established Member
i am still new to the cobra scene and i have been researching this for two days now.

the short story is that the passenger side motoblue idle pulley seized and snapped off. i got tot researching and noticed that the dirvers side was missing but it was not on there when i bought the car. the hub for the pulley is dirty so it was not there when the PS pulley seized.

is it normal to delete the drivers side idler when running a snubber pulley?

i combo consisted of a motoblue snubber pulley and a motoblue passenger side idler pulley with no drvers side idler pulley.

anyway i have to make repairs now and want to do it right. do i need to buy two idlers and replace the DS and PS pullies? i plan to run the snubber pulley.

this is not my pic but this is the way mine is set up minus the pulley that you can see by the power steering resivour. that pulley is deleted in my set up. and the one in the center below the supercharger seized and broke off!! want a PITA!!

DSC01300.jpg

Last edited:
Motoblue does not have a rep for being high quality. There are better options for an idler package like the ones made by Metco, Lethal Performance and BilletFlow.

SatisTraction

Established Member
i have read that. the motoblue snubber seems fine for wear, i will replace the bearing while i have it apart.

i plan to buy a metco idler but should i buy one or two is the question? why would the PO delete the idler by the PS resivour?

Users who are viewing this thread