mitigation hearing

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
i am getting a mitigation hearing on the 25 of july i was wondering what kind of legal advice i could get on what i could say to the magistrate/ judge....

i was caught going 96 in a 70 :nonono: . it is a 224 dollar ticket it is my first ticket.it was a highway patrol car.its my first ticket. i am 17 and i have been driving for 1.5 years w/o a speeding ticket. what do i need to do to get out of this ticket. do you think the judge will just give me the ticket and say this is yours kid!! :cuss:
any advice or any suggestions or stratagies for getting outta this ticket.
thanx
and yes my insurance is high...very high...but i havent seen a change in price since the ticket :)

Kyle210

Established Member
Until convicted of the ticket you are still innocent of the offense...therefor your insurance won't go up until they pull and MVR on you and find that you were convicted of going XX in a XX.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I had a ticket years ago, and after my conviction date, it took over a year for it to ever show up on my MVR. I'm not sure what makes it take so long sometimes, but I am not the only one I know of that has experienced this.

MVR is clean now except for a seatbelt violation.....YAY!!!!!!!
:pepper: :beer: :banana: :pepper: :beer: :pepper: :pop:

jshen

Established Member
mitigation hearing?

Have you already pled guilty and this is a sentencing hearing, or is this hearing your trial?

05 windveil blu

yes ignorance is bliss
Established Member
^^i have recieved my mitigation hearing and i have plead guilty already (apart of the mitigation)and this is where i explain the circumstances.

jshen

Established Member
Ok

I will look at your state's code...but "generally" this is a hearing in which prosecution/Officer presents evidence as to what should happen to you...and you, in turn, present evidence as to why it shouldn't. Your record, or lack thereof, will be before the judge. If you're in school and a good student, bring all records of a good nature. Same with work...bring your boss to tell how good/trustful you are, etc. What you are doing is presenting evidence of a "good character" inconsistent with the reckless act that got you a ticket. YOU have to sell court as to why you should keep your license, pay less fine, not go to jail, etc. You may bring, "pillars" of the community to speak up for you...

The fact that you "owned up" to you act and admitted responsibility should be mentioned. Express that - taking responsibilibty for your actions is the first step toward rehabilitation..Judges and prosecutors like to hear that and the fact that you owned up to your speed would get you a lot of credit here....I like to see that!

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread