Mixing Torco or Race Fuel with 91 octane

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Anyone ever try blending MS109 with 91? I'm currently blending 91 with 16oz of torco to get 93 octane. But I got a great deal on MS109 and thinking about blending that to get 93.

Youd probably have to ask your tuner about the mix ratio due to the oxygenated nature of MS109. Ive heard nothing but good things about MS109, but youd probably have to have your fuel trims adjusted.

Such a bummer theres no reliable source of E85 on the pump here in Phoenix. :/

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Youd probably have to ask your tuner about the mix ratio due to the oxygenated nature of MS109. Ive heard nothing but good things about MS109, but youd probably have to have your fuel trims adjusted.

Such a bummer theres no reliable source of E85 on the pump here in Phoenix. :/
Lund is my tuner, and the more I think about it the 11 to 14s have AFR sensors and should be able to adjust if needed for a mixture of MS109 with 91. My car is still tuned on 93 Octane so the MS109 is just for safety.

paluka21

Established Member
Curious as to the friendliness of Boostane or Torco with O2 sensors and catalytic converters? I have a tune/CAI and am seeing + knock, which could be an indication of poor fuel quality despite having fresh 93 in from BP.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious as to the friendliness of Boostane or Torco with O2 sensors and catalytic converters? I have a tune/CAI and am seeing + knock, which could be an indication of poor fuel quality despite having fresh 93 in from BP.
Boostane, Torco or VP octanium won't hurt your 02 sensors or Catalytic converter. It will just turn your plugs and your 02 sensors orange. But it's worth trying one of them if you're getting +knock

paluka21

Established Member
Boostane, Torco or VP octanium won't hurt your 02 sensors or Catalytic converter. It will just turn your plugs and your 02 sensors orange. But it's worth trying one of them if you're getting +knock

Agreed. I'll most likely try switching gas stations to see how it affects knock, and then add a bottle of Boostane if I'm still seeing it. If that doesn't cure the problem, I'll have to begin looking to false knock triggering the sensors, such as my axle back rattling around....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Why don't u just add a Methanol kit. It will raise ur octane levels close to what C16 will do. Why **** around with stupid fuel additives overtime u wanna drive ur car? make no sense.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
All those higher end boosters (Torco, boostane, Octanium etc.) all use MMT. Thats what turns the plugs orange. i wouldnt worry too much about the 02 sensors or cats. Besides its cheaper to replace them than the engine.

paluka21

Established Member
Why don't u just add a Methanol kit. It will raise ur octane levels close to what C16 will do. Why **** around with stupid fuel additives overtime u wanna drive ur car? make no sense.

I ran a Snow stage III methanol kit on my previous car, and it worked. But, I'll pass this time around. I didn't enjoy the mess and bastardization of my car with the installation of a tank in the trunk, mounting the pumps, splicing wires, installing the remaining hardware, and drilling holes to for the nozzles. I just don't want to go this route with this car. And to be quite frank, I shouldn't have to run a fuel additive at stock boost levels with just a tune and CAI. My intent is not to change boost on the car to avoid situations like this.
I'll be dumping torco, etc as a troubleshooting tool only.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish ID injectors weren't so much money, I would rather go E85 and never look back. But for injectors and a KB 20 volt BAP you're over 2k.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm currently in the process of having my car tuned on 91 and 91+torco. That stuffs been around for a while and seems to work. Car isn't my daily so it's not a concern for me.

You could do meth as well, I just got nervous about if the system fails what would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread