MM caster/camber plate question

A_Law

Established Member
I just installed them on my car.. the whole concept and how they work is pretty cool. My question is when you guys put them on your car, what/where did you adjust your plates before you had your car aligned? The whole positive/negative numbers they give you as a suggestion in the instructions are not helping me out, I dont understand that part. Did you guys just center up both the plates and tighten them down before you got your car aligned? And also what did you all pay for your alignments with that set up (caster camber plates, and lowerd car). Any input would be cool.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
^ maybe I'm and idiot but I understood very little if nothiong of your post. If you have them installed go get an alignment. If you are asking how they use the C/C plates to align, all they do is loosen the 4 bolts and they the castor and camber can easily be adjust by sliding and shifting them around. Its just vey slick and easy and if I'm not mistaken gives you more range/motion/control in making those adjustments.....I hope that helps

A_Law

Established Member
I was asking what you adjusted them to prior to getting the alignment. I guess it doesnt really matter if its going to get aligned anyway. thanks

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Don't worry about it. Just look at your tires visually and make sure they aren't completely out of whack. Then take it easy driving to an alignment shop. If it is a long way to the shop, have the car towed.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Eyeball is the best and then drive right to the alignment shop. Computerized 4 wheel is what you should be looking for. Your toe will be not be effected unless you have lowered the car or did a new set of tie rod ends

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
When I installed mine, I eyeballed the camber and put the camber positive, about 3/4 of the available movement. The guy that aligned it for me said he only had to adjust the caster on one side about 0.2 deg. My camber needed adjustment though. He charged me about $100 since my car is lowered. I won't be taking it back to him though -- I think the caster/camber plates make it easier to align and should not be any more than aligning a standard car. If my car is too low, he needs to get different equipment. It's definitely not slammed.

Users who are viewing this thread