MM coilover on koni rubbing

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
While i was installing the maximum motor sports coil over kit on my konis and noticed that the coil hits my eibach sway bar. Has any one else had these problems?? I know that adjusting the coil height and have it sit over the sway but that leaves a huge wheel gap, which us what I'm trying to eliminate.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
You're running a #650 on the front? Or rear? It doesn't say which end of the car this is about, but based off the rate i'll ASSume it's the rear? Either way, on the front, the coil should be no where near the sway bar, especially running an 8", and on the rear I have never heard of a clearance issue...Can you provide a pic so we can better diagnose the problem?

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
sorry for the poor information this is all based on the rear. I'll will try and get some pictures this week. I currently have it setup so there's about 1/16th of an inch clearance between the coil cup and the sway bar. I made such a tight clearance because I would assume that they would both be moving at the same time and not independent from each other so they would not make contact if I'm incorrect please let me know.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Sorry for the thread revival. IM having the same issue.
Eibach rear sway bar and Koni shocks with the MM coilovers. 8 inch spring.

Just wondering if OP figured something out.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Sorry for the thread revival. IM having the same issue.
Eibach rear sway bar and Koni shocks with the MM coilovers. 8 inch spring.

Just wondering if OP figured something out.

Sorry again for thread revival. I just wanted to update just in case this happens to another Cobra IRS and this thread comes up in a search.

SO if you have coil overs on the rear of your IRS, with the adjustable Eibach sway bar. You need a shorter spring! 8 inch length spring is OK with a stock sway bar.
The solution is a 7 inch length spring!

In this link here, under "Interference Note", http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Rear-Eibach-Swaybar-1999-2004-Mustang-Cobra-with-IRS-P1507.aspx
Ive never seen this before until recently, when trying to find an answer.
I dont know why places like MM dont flat out tell you this on their website, or list them for sale, instead of saying to call their Tech Dept. Which I did end up doing, then asked to email in my inquiry, resulting in a reply by Jack himself.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread