mm diff bushings fixed my clunk!

98Rsnake

Grease Monkey
Established Member
well it was a total pain to install them but the clunk is completly gone! they even helped with wheel hop. i am 100% pleased with these bushings.. btw they are the urethane ones front and rear.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Installing mine soon, good to hear they work, I'm also putting in the Billetflow IRS mounting brackets and MM subframe bushings all at once.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
98Rsnake said:
well it was a total pain to install them but the clunk is completly gone! they even helped with wheel hop. i am 100% pleased with these bushings.. btw they are the urethane ones front and rear.

Please elaborate on the specific parts and how they help.

Thank you!

98Rsnake

Grease Monkey
Established Member
i see you have a solid rear so these parts wouldnt apply to you but i ordered a kit from maximum motorsports that included the front 2 and rear 1 differential mounts made of polyurethane that replace the stock rubber pieces. they basically mount the center section of the differential more firmly in the irs subframe which reduces the tendency to wheel hop and it fixed the clunk noise that was coming from my rear end when i would shift or let off the gas and get back in it suddenly.

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
oh ok, I got ya. I understand now. I have been having trouble with my rear end so I was curious about this. I started a thread about trouble with my rear, but so far so help with it.

Thanks man.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
keep an eye on those front urethane bushings when warm weather comes around

the differential will probably get hot enough to soften them and they'll get deformed from torque stress

Last edited:

98Rsnake

Grease Monkey
Established Member
ill look for it but im stock except for a c/b and a cai so i dont think they will be overloaded with torque.....

Users who are viewing this thread