MM&FF Link

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So what can we expect as far as 1/4 mile times from the 2013 Shelby GT500? MM&FF estimates that “the 650hp GT500 will be capable of running 11.70s to 11.60s at well above 120 mph in bone-stock trim. In optimal conditions, perhaps quicker and faster. And with 4.30s and sticky tires, low 11s or even 10s could be possible.”

Hopefully, the Baghdad Al Simulator-O-Matic wasn't used to generate those numbers.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
quote of the article IMO...
Ford also stated that the system is capable of adapting to a wide range of variables. “It works in real time and changes with conditions,” says Dan Dunn, an engineer who worked on the 2013 Shelby GT500. “It will adapt to changes in gearing within reason, and to many performance modification,”

NICE.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Don't get me wrong - I absolutely hope those numbers become the norm for this car. But when I see "estimates, will be capable, optimal conditions, perhaps, and could be possible" in the same snippet, I cross my fingers that the Ford camp won't let us down.

Ry, I felt the same way about Dunn's quote. Which begs the question...what gear ratio will not be within reason? And what performance modifications won't it adapt to? MM&FF, I hope you have these answers (and more!) next time you report on this thing.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Nice shaft...

mmfp-1202-2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rocket-launcher-013.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread