MM Front Coil-over/Shock Question

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
I recently purchased a 96 Cobra with the MM coil-over kit with Bilsteins. The previous owner had it at near stock ride height and I like a lower more aggressive look. So I have lowered her only a 1 1/2'' and the shock is bottoming out, so no suspension travel. I hate to get rid of the Bilsteins, but I want a better stance with a good ride. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I have the MM coilover kit with 300lb springs and the Koni Yellow (sport) struts. On like a huge ass bump/pot hole it will sound like the car is falling apart but for normal driving its a great ride. I sit pretty low too. My rear is what I need to focus on now.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I planned to use a mm coilover kit for Bilsteins when I install an aftermarket k member. I want my front dropped more than with my coil springs? Will I be able to get the front as low as I want?

Helomech74

Established Member
Use Foxbody front struts, they use a shorter body and give more travel when you lower the car. Also, make sure to trim the bump stops according to the MM coilover install instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread