MM street/strip suspension package owners come in!

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
I purchased a car that has the whole front end K member street/strip suspension from maximum motorsports. I was wondering who has experience with that suspension package on their car and how do they like it compared to stock? My mechanic is trying to talk me out of keeping that suspension on the car and going back to factory a arms and springs instead of the coilovers. If anyone can give me info about this that would be great. Thank you

Last edited:

Black93Fox

Established Member
What are your plans for the car? If your mainly gonna use it as a street car maybe weekend warrior then stock stuff is sufficient for that. Gonna do more ripping on it around the streets or track then I'd keep the mm stuff.

starnsey

Established Member
If it's already in there and it's not making any horrible noises or bothering you, it's a huge advantage over stock. Maximum Motorsports is top notch quality. Even if it is making a bunch of noise - give it a once-over and see if you can find where the noise is coming from and try to sort out the issue. Seems pointless to do all the work to put the stock stuff back in when right now you've got a really good performance-minded front end. And if you DO go back to stock and have your mechanic do the work, do NOT let him keep that stuff. You could make a good amount of money selling it used.

gabe1530

Banned
i also want to know your plans for the car?
are the control arms offset (mm offers standard and offset)
are the front springs too stiff? is it making too much noise? why change a setup that people on here would love to have?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
That is just about the best setup you can buy for a street car. I have the setup on my car and it doesn't rattle, or squeak. It is solid!

Two things to look for if you are getting noise.
1. Check for clearance around the top of the spring if using a coil over setup. You may need to bent the pinch weld lip out away from the spring on the wheel well opening side.
2. Make sure your front struts fit in the top mounts snug. Some of the aftermarket struts where cut undersized and rattle in the mounts if the correct spacers/sleeves are not used.

Users who are viewing this thread