MM Strut Tower bar install

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
I purchased the MM STB, the black powdercoat 4pt one... and I was just searching on installs. The consensus looks like this thing sucks to put in. Mechanically, I can definitely do it, but if its going to take 6 - 10 hours as some of the posts say, then forget it. Anyone that paid to have it installed, how much am i looking at here? Is there anyone out there that got this thing installed in under 4 hours?
Trying to figure out what i want to do here....
thanks

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
It's really not that bad. I have done two of them. It takes roughly 2.5 hours, taking my time.

TroyV

Established Member
04svtdriver said:
How much of a difference does it make..?

If the car doesn't see much track duty, and you are on regular street rubber, then it would only be a mildly felt increase in rigidity. However, it is an absolute must if you plan to run coil overs, or stiffer springs with race rubber.. The front of the car is very solid with it on there, though it does transmit more NVH to the firewall.

nightstalker865

Established Member
Troy, Do you think it's worth it running on the H&R race springs and the V710's?? I have always heard that you didn't need it untill you stepped up to coil-overs. I am interested in hearing your opinion since you have run on both setups now.

TroyV

Established Member
Running conventional springs as the car was designed is more structurally rigid than running coil overs, which is no secret. Still, even though the platform is that of a "sporty car", it still would benefit from the stiffening that the STB offers. The strut towers aren't taking nearly the load they are when coil overs are installed, but it can't hurt to tie the strut towers to the firewall.

I switched back to conventional springs a few weeks ago to meet the class rules at a track event I'm running over the weekend. I had two autox events at Fort Devens during that time, and I liked the conventional springs so much, that I do not plan to go back.

I plan to run my car for a very long time. If you are as well, I vote that you run the STB.. I think it will help to keep your ride together longer..

Users who are viewing this thread