MM sub frame connectors

cobraGABE

Will work for Mods
Established Member
I am planning on buying some SFC for the vert soon, and was wondering if it is worth the extra money to get the full length connectors versus the standard SFC. The car is first a daily driver and maybe some track time. Any info would be appreciated the cost difference is $40 on materials. Thanks.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I thought convertibles already had Sub-frame connectors on them...

goinbyu

The MM full length SFC's are worth their weight in gold. The stock SFC's are garbage.

mosconiac

Established Member
ChicagoMike: The 'verts do have factory SFC's, but they are thin-wall, bolted units. :kaboom:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by ILL_SVT
The MM full length SFC's are worth their weight in gold. The stock SFC's are garbage.

Agreed!

I had the MM full length's installed last month.

Believe me when I say the stock subframes are a BIG JOKE! First, they are short. Second, the metal is thin. Third, they are very narrow, like 1". Fourth, they are BOLTED and not welded like they should be.

Need I say more?:)

You'll be happy with the full length connectors. Installation cost is higher (about $125), but that's because there are so many connection to the unibody, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Russ

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I would strongly reccomend the full length especially for a vert. there is so much bodyflex to start with on a vert. we have been installing the MM FLSC and they are very nice units...in black PC or bare..it is the first step to eliminating wheel hop..

cobraGABE

Will work for Mods
Established Member
Thanks for the info I believe I will go with the full length powder coated ones. Is around 125 a fair price for install, b/c one place here charges 150 for SFC, but haven't checked around.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
For subframes, finding a good welder is more important than low price. $150 isn't bad if the shop has experience and can do a great job.

Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra for the powerder coating--it will have to be ground off for welding, and then re-sprayed with undercoating or paint.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by RedfireVert
Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra for the powerder coating--it will have to be ground off for welding, and then re-sprayed with undercoating or paint.

Definetely buy the powder coating. You only need to remove it where you will be welding next to the chassis. The powder coating is very durable unlike spray paint.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Sorry, never had a problem with subframes that were sprayed after welding. To each his own, though.

UNDR PSI

Established Member
JE: Not if the welder knows what he is doing. If it's someone careless, things can get ugly very quick!

It's been said before, but I'll mention it again, make sure you have them installed on a drive on lift. If you use a normal lift, the chassis is tweaked slightly. Not a good idea!

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
install FLSCs before IRS bushings?

Originally posted by Linn@AmazonRacing
we have been installing the MM FLSC and they are very nice units...in black PC or bare..it is the first step to eliminating wheel hop..

I have a coupe with the Kenny Brown forward torque brace and differential bushings installed. They reduced the wheel hop, but there's still some hop sometimes. I'm about to have the MM IRS bushings (and 14 mm bolts installed). Should I have FLSCs installed before the IRS bushings for any reason? I currently have winter tires on the car and was planning to wait until the summer tires are back on before having the subframe connectors installed.

Users who are viewing this thread