MMFL Subframes on a vert

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Howdy!

I've done a lot of searching on this subject and have found a LOT of information but I think I'm more confused after reading all the posts than before I read them. :eek: I've been trying to decide which subframe connectors to put on my '04 vert. I was going to go with the MMFL because of all the good press they were getting, but then it seemed people with convertibles didn't think they stiffened up the car much more than the bolt on stock connectors. If you have a convertible terminator and have the MMFL connectors will you please chime in and tell me how well/bad they worked? Thanks! Bottom line, do I need something more than the MMFL or not?

-Mark

Fang

Established Member
I did the switch over and love them. They made a huge difference in how the body twisting happens. You will notice them when you go over say the curb in your driveway. You will also notice how they stiffen the ride when you install them. Look under your car sometime and check out the stock ones and how they are connected. The MMFL ones cover about twice the area the stock ones do and they are welded in instead of bolted. How could they not be 100% better? You decide after looking at what I just told you.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply Fang! It sure makes sense to me after looking at the stock bolt ons that they would be better, and I guess the vocal minority like to diss on some things. If you search the threads you will actually find people who claim they couldn't tell a difference. :shrug: I'm glad to hear your experience was different! Any other guys/gals have experience with a vert and the MMFL subs? Thanks again Fang!

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
I don't have the MMFL subs, I have the Kenny Brown matrix setup and compared to stock I can definatley feel the difference. IMO any welded in sf will be better then the stockers.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I have mmfl subs on my vert. Much much better than the stock paper weights. Well worth the money in my book. I just wish I had done it sooner.

rmgtc01

Established Member
I have the Steeda zinc FL's and it was night and day as far as rigidity of the car. I call my true test the "railroad track test." As you drive over it in your vert, you hear all of the shakes and rattles sicne most pavement is not smooth there. After the FLSC installed it is almost all gone.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Too funny about your Railroad test! :beer: I like it. That is where the rattles truly come out. I notice going over railroads the a-pillars actually move does this help that out as well. Do the a-pillars seem to stabilize as well?

-Mark

rmgtc01

Established Member
Everything is better. The whole car seems to absorb the shock rather than the weak points.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
2K4 SVT said:
...snip... but then it seemed people with convertibles didn't think they stiffened up the car much more than the bolt on stock connectors. ...snip...

:uh oh: where were you when seemed that way?

You may have been talking to dumb people.

If you have not done so try reading the RED PILL. Might help you.

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Thanks for the link to the write up! I enjoyed the pics and comparisons. I knew this was the right place to ask. Now I just need to find an installer here in Utah. Anyone know of someone in the salt lake area?

GA Terminator

Established Member
I don't have a vert, but I have the full length MM subframes. IMO they are well worth the money, and you will notice the difference.

otto

Established Member
i had mm connectors on my 04 and they were an improvment but they werent enough ,so i got an agent 47 innerframe and now my car is truly stiff ,they are far and above any subframe connector out there. subframe connectors are realy just a "quick fix". www.agentfortyseven.com

rmgtc01

Established Member
otto said:
i had mm connectors on my 04 and they were an improvment but they werent enough ,so i got an agent 47 innerframe and now my car is truly stiff ,they are far and above any subframe connector out there. subframe connectors are realy just a "quick fix". www.agentfortyseven.com

holy crap, it better be with all of that! You are driving a jail cell! :eek:

GREENMAN80

Established Member
There is some cool stuff on that web site but more than I want to get into($$$$). I just put the XL series MMFLSFC'S on my vert and it helped a lot, mine is a daily driver and it has made it a lot more bearable to drive.....it passed the "railroad, speedbump, jacked up road"test. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread