MMR 7qt Oil Pan???

Mighty Rooster

Mega Bullitthead
Established Member
I am thinking about getting this oil pan since it will hold an additional 2 qts of oil and still uses the stock pump and pickup. I figured cooler oil temps is alway good for the engine and blower. Any suggestions or opinions? Do the motor mounts need to be unbolted and the motor jacked up like the old 5.0s???? Anybody done this or have experience replacing the pan? Is this a garage job? I have done all the work to my car and I am not afraid to tackle a job as long as it is feasible to do on my own. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

white99gt

Established Member
Mighty Rooster said:
I am thinking about getting this oil pan since it will hold an additional 2 qts of oil and still uses the stock pump and pickup. I figured cooler oil temps is alway good for the engine and blower. Any suggestions or opinions? Do the motor mounts need to be unbolted and the motor jacked up like the old 5.0s???? Anybody done this or have experience replacing the pan? Is this a garage job? I have done all the work to my car and I am not afraid to tackle a job as long as it is feasible to do on my own. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I use the moroso 7 qt.It can be done at home but its not gonna be easy..THe easiest way is to drop the kmember for the best access.

The 7 qt cant hurt.But i really wouldnt worry with it unless you are getting the motor built.Turning high rpms is where its really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread