MMR vs Shelby Mike Timing guides?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Anyone here have actual experience as to if there is something I need to know about the Shelby Mike units that they are so much more expensive than the MMR to justify the purchase?
Any other issues with MMR that one would need to know about for timing components? They "seem" to be the innovators, but not sure if there is bad word on them or if builders do not like to use them?

Also any place to the OEM liners cheaper than he has on his site? Seems crazy those plastic liners are $120

c0rn_fed

Established Member
I have the shelby mike ones since he was the only one making them at the time. As for the liners I just reused mine. As long as there isn't any damage or crazy wear marks on them, you should be ok to reuse yours.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

PM-Performance

Established Member
I have the shelby mike ones since he was the only one making them at the time. As for the liners I just reused mine. As long as there isn't any damage or crazy wear marks on them, you should be ok to reuse yours.

Thanks. No groove marks on mine, just discolored. Just figured worth replacing everything while in there.
I did order the Shelby Mikes already since no feedback, I went with the ones I hear about the most.
I did do MMR for the crank sprocket though and getting the reluctor wheel from them too. I already have the MMR OPG and it’s been ok as far as I know. Just some scoring on the inside of the oil pump.
Man, between timing components and ARP hardware, it will be enough to buy a whole new blower. Lol.
It adds up quick!

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Ya I know. I have the tss crank sprocket and oil pump gear. I am am either going with the mmr or acufab reluctor

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Accufab also has the timing chain arm wear guides
6610225dc7393310aec3e0c02206826f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread